UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That clause is beautifully tacked on at the end, almost as though someone just thought of it. Bet they all had a good belly laugh and trebles all round. I wonder how they intend to measure "public perception" and, of course, once introduced, there is precedent to apply it in normal circumstances.

We ain't getting in the CL any time soon.

I know. Even if we do get a clean bill of health at CAS, which I doubt anyway (I have no faith in the process whatsoever, and they will be under intense pressure to uphold our ban), they’ll either invent some other rule to exclude us, or the cartel will set up their own competition. I just hope that at some point we ruin some of these twats financially

One question.
How can it be that whilst fully complying with P.L.FFP, why is it that we are allegedly in breach of U.E.F.A. FFP.
(Please don't say "because it's bent")

I know. I was more just highlighting the fact that they always build a subjective (or open to interpretation) clause into all their rules and processes, to enable them to do whatever they want regardless of what the main body of legislation would appear to permit.

I hadn't seen it. I thought it was great that you brought it to our attention. I really cannot get my tiny mind around the absurdity of it.
If ever a statement if acted upon was open to legal challenge that would be it.

Surely an open goal.

One question.
How can it be that whilst fully complying with P.L.FFP, why is it that we are allegedly in breach of U.E.F.A. FFP.
(Please don't say "because it's bent")

They're not the same rules.

The charge here is that City misrepresented the source of the money, not that they breached the financial figures.

I like your memory recalling the Everton one, because I can't think what it was off the top of my head. I have to think hard to recall every VAR call on City. I put them in categories of: Just about bent, baffle and waffle bent and really bent and to complete the circle, just bent.
The baffle and waffle bent are the really frustrating ones.
They are the ones that are killing the game.
This is where the media get most clicks from and kick the arse right out of it.

Love the caveat in the latest UEFA proposals, to the effect that they can veto clubs if there is a “public perception of unfairness” in a team being nominated for next season’s CL on the basis of the points they have accrued domestically per game this season. In other words, if City’s CAS hearing doesn’t take place before next season starts and City can therefore qualify for the CL on the basis of being in 2nd place in the PL at the point of truncation this season, UEFA can still arbitrarily veto our participation in the event that the dippers, the rags and their media stooges kick up a stink....which of course they will.
They (UEFA) really are a bunch of utterly bent cnuts

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...uefa-statement-champions-league-news-18137185
Well if that's the case and the rags get our place then Sheffield United should kick up a fuss as they have a game in hand. Fucking corrupt red shirt arse licking felchers.

Uefa and their acolytes are in no financial position to veto our participation in next season's Champions League, subject to a delay by CAS.

You don't gamble with money you don't have - especially so when it is money which would bankrupt you if a ruling is in our favour.

The more collusion there is, the safer ground City are on - protectionism and vested interests are arguments we continue to evidence.

Incidentally, imagine my surprise to learn David Gill was part of the two-man delegation which spoke to Uefa this week...

Uefa and their acolytes are in no financial position to veto our participation in next season's Champions League, subject to a delay by CAS.

You don't gamble with money you don't have - especially so when it is money which would bankrupt you if a ruling is in our favour.

The more collusion there is, the safer ground City are on - protectionism and vested interests are arguments we continue to evidence.

Incidentally, imagine my surprise to learn David Gill was part of the two-man delegation which spoke to Uefa this week...

What two man delegation, Tolm?

Love the caveat in the latest UEFA proposals, to the effect that they can veto clubs if there is a “public perception of unfairness” in a team being nominated for next season’s CL on the basis of the points they have accrued domestically per game this season. In other words, if City’s CAS hearing doesn’t take place before next season starts and City can therefore qualify for the CL on the basis of being in 2nd place in the PL at the point of truncation this season, UEFA can still arbitrarily veto our participation in the event that the dippers, the rags and their media stooges kick up a stink....which of course they will.
They (UEFA) really are a bunch of utterly bent cnuts

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...uefa-statement-champions-league-news-18137185

Would have thought that City's legal team will have a field day with that clause!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.