Walker £30m or will the club not punish him
D.silva £0
Sane hopefully £80m+
Also ?s over stones, mendy, zinch.
A fair few loanees we could sell like Robert's, etc

At a guess £150m ish

So we at least need
1 x gk maybe steffan if not injured to bad
1 x rb hopefully couto is decent and a semedo swap.
1 x cb £50m-£100m
1 x cdm unless ferna goes back up to rodri £50m
1 x lw/rw £50m upwards
You could argue 1 x am coz gundogan isnt great in that position. £50m

Maybe £200m-£300m

Then next season we have at least ferna, kun, gundogan.
That's just never going to happen, we would be crucified in the press and with good reason. Football is no longer as important as it once was, spending on that scale has been and gone.

Can the owners afford it? Absolutely, but why throw so much money at a game which will no longer generate the revenue streams it once did (e.g. TV money, match day, sponsorship deals will all drop off because of the way the game is portrayed by people outside of football). The government trying to make players and clubs scapegoats, demanding they take pay cuts and vilifying the game because of the money involved will drive away potential income streams because they won't want to be associated with it for a long time.

That's just never going to happen, we would be crucified in the press and with good reason. Football is no longer as important as it once was, spending on that scale has been and gone.

Can the owners afford it? Absolutely, but why throw so much money at a game which will no longer generate the revenue streams it once did (e.g. TV money, match day, sponsorship deals will all drop off because of the way the game is portrayed by people outside of football). The government trying to make players and clubs scapegoats, demanding they take pay cuts and vilifying the game because of the money involved will drive away potential income streams because they won't want to be associated with it for a long time.
So you think clubs will go back to playing a 16 year old in a champs league final? The gk, cb, lw/rw, am & possibly rb positions need filling. We could go with steffan for gk. We could keep walker and try couto at rb. Would you be happy with no new cb with nico & ferna a year older? No back up to rodri? No replacement for sane? What in your eyes is reasonable mate? Not being a d#ck but I cant see us selling sane and buying ibe or someone inferior. We will get next to nothing for bravo, nico, walker, gundogan, d.silva, ferna, kun. They all need replacing over next 2 years. Money will need to be spent probably averaging over £50m per player. Unfortunately city wont stand still our young players garcia, braaf, thb, doyle, etc can be squad players but are 3/4 years too soon.

Yeah I agree that we should go 3 at the back in certain games. It depends on the opponent and how they play. I still don't think Bernardo should be in a double pivot. I think his passing has a bit to be desired at times. Perhaps Aouar if he were to come.
That's true. I think they could complement each other quite decently though, Bernardo as a dribbling playmaker and KDB as a though ball merchant. Pep would be fuming over the posession loss though lol. Foden and Aouar as backup.

I could see Bernardo working really good at RW though if we use a 3ATB. The right back (preferably Cancelo) would be providing width, so Bernardo could have more freedom to drift inside and drop deep and dribble like he does best.

All in all I think 3 ATB would really suit us against bigger teams that try to play counter attacking football and keep compact in defence. The inverted wingers combined with the attacking fullbacks will keep them guessing and make us more unpredictable and harder to defend against

So you think clubs will go back to playing a 16 year old in a champs league final? The gk, cb, lw/rw, am & possibly rb positions need filling. We could go with steffan for gk. We could keep walker and try couto at rb. Would you be happy with no new cb with nico & ferna a year older? No back up to rodri? No replacement for sane? What in your eyes is reasonable mate? Not being a d#ck but I cant see us selling sane and buying ibe or someone inferior. We will get next to nothing for bravo, nico, walker, gundogan, d.silva, ferna, kun. They all need replacing over next 2 years. Money will need to be spent probably averaging over £50m per player. Unfortunately city wont stand still our young players garcia, braaf, thb, doyle, etc can be squad players but are 3/4 years too soon.
Questions 1-4:
As I said it's a game of football, it's no longer as important as it once was. None of those would be ideal scenarios and I would prefer us to spend money on rebuilding the team, of course I would, who wouldn't. I just don't think it's realistic or logical to expect that to happen given the immediate and long term continued loss of revenue. We have the best owners in the world but we're still only a business, until the revenue picks back up which could be a long time given the games reputation, we won't be spending £200-300m in any transfer window.

Question 5:
I would be happy to just keep what we have (Bravo, Cancelo, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Mahrez can all leave and Sane too if he wants to go).

I'd love a left footed left winger to replace Sane if he goes to balance the team, Semedo to replace Cancelo if we can agree a swap deal and maybe a left sided CB to cover Laporte but only if we get decent money in on sales to cover it. Bring back Steffen/Muric, Adaradiayo and Angelino from loans and give Garcia, Harwood-Bellis, Doyle and Braaf more of a chance and I'd be more than happy.

Questions 1-4:
As I said it's a game of football, it's no longer as important as it once was. None of those would be ideal scenarios and I would prefer us to spend money on rebuilding the team, of course I would, who wouldn't. I just don't think it's realistic or logical to expect that to happen given the immediate and long term continued loss of revenue. We have the best owners in the world but we're still only a business, until the revenue picks back up which could be a long time given the games reputation, we won't be spending £200-300m in any transfer window.

Question 5:
I would be happy to just keep what we have (Bravo, Cancelo, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Mahrez can all leave and Sane too if he wants to go).

I'd love a left footed left winger to replace Sane if he goes to balance the team, Semedo to replace Cancelo if we can agree a swap deal and maybe a left sided CB to cover Laporte but only if we get decent money in on sales to cover it. Bring back Steffen/Muric, Adaradiayo and Angelino from loans and give Garcia, Harwood-Bellis, Doyle and Braaf more of a chance and I'd be more than happy.
Fair enough, I agree with steffen, tosin (if we sold stones and nico), garcia and angelino. Thb needs to be loaned, as does doyle and I'd like braaf to get 1st team experience. Where I disagree though is bravo and nico are a year older and they struggled last year already. Stones fails to get consistency, so we need a cb. It's the 2 year bit that is worrying if you dont expect us to spend. Bravo, walker, nico, ferna, gundogan, sane, d.silva & kun all need replacing. Thats without B.silva is fluttering eyes at barca and Madrid, stones with consistency, mahrez over 30, mendy injury issues and anything else that pops up. Either way I cant see us not clearing £400m+ over the next 2 seasons. I agree with you on the moral aspect I just cant see us regressing after all the hard work. Stay safe kidda.

Fair enough, I agree with steffen, tosin (if we sold stones and nico), garcia and angelino. Thb needs to be loaned, as does doyle and I'd like braaf to get 1st team experience. Where I disagree though is bravo and nico are a year older and they struggled last year already. Stones fails to get consistency, so we need a cb. It's the 2 year bit that is worrying if you dont expect us to spend. Bravo, walker, nico, ferna, gundogan, sane, d.silva & kun all need replacing. Thats without B.silva is fluttering eyes at barca and Madrid, stones with consistency, mahrez over 30, mendy injury issues and anything else that pops up. Either way I cant see us not clearing £400m+ over the next 2 seasons. I agree with you on the moral aspect I just cant see us regressing after all the hard work. Stay safe kidda.
You disagree with me wanting to let Bravo and Otamendi leave on the basis that they're a year older and struggled last season; I think you've done a Carlos Tevez and screwed your head on back to front this morning pal because that makes no fucking sense at all ;-)

Like I said I would like a left sided CB to cover us if Laporte gets injured, I think having a left footer is vital for the balance of the team playing out from the back and Pep has also stated this categorically. I think we have more than enough options at right sided CB (Stones, Adaradiayo and Garcia), one of those three will make the position their own. If not, we can reassess and look at different options for the 21/22 season.

As for two years; according to you we don't need to replace Bravo and Otamendi as they're older and struggling ;-)
Fernandinho - Rodri
Silva - Foden
Gundogan - I don't think he'll leave.
Sane - I said already we need a replacement, so not sure why he's included in that list.
Aguero - Jesus and keep an eye on Sterling, I think he'll play more centrally over the next 1-2 years.
Bernardo - I don't think he'll leave.
Mahrez - Braaf can't do any worse than Mahrez.
Mendy - Angelino

We were due to make a huge amount of money from loan player sales this season,FIFA had announced loan restriction but depending on who you believe that will have little impact on City this season, then Covid 19 came, already the top teams are coming out with swap deals and sales as they look to offset tv loses, but it is also wages that they are looking to reduce because over the long term sponsors may well diminish, while we are fairly immune it would be foolish to ignore something like wages, which will see a FFP adjustment to Levy`s delight in the near future, Trixy is going to have to be very sales savvy over the next few weeks, Sane are you watching Bayern neither want to pay for you or pay your wages, as their latest tapping up alludes to.
As for Steffen we should extend his contract before sending him out on loan again , he has made a big name for himself and there will be a lot of takers, being out on loan has done him a lot of good as regular first team games has improved him and another should do so again, coming back to us will reduce his ability, Muric should be our new no 2 as he needs to regain his confidence and value, he is also club trained and on lower wages both will tell

Of course I'm a bit too optimistic, and this and my other post is assuming they all progress close to the expected rate.

But I reckon yes for Delap, he's a talented and complete striker, and has the potential to be 3rd choice in a season or so.

And Sterling could go for £130-150M If he regains his 2019 form next season.

There have been the obvious rumours of Sterling to Madrid. But think of it from Sterling's perspective, does he want to play in England for most of his Prime years?

If not when would be the best time for him to move? He's going to be 26.5 yrs old in summer 2021.

I Remember mahrez saying he regrets not being able to move to City(or another contender) at 25/26 yrs old.

I feel like Hazard would've felt the same way.

If we plan this transfer window correctly, and the new players progress as expected, Then we could afford to let Sterling leave because we already have his replacements in the team.

The Window of opportunity for a star player to make the perfect move at the perfect time is tiny and ever changing. So wait one transfer windows too late and it's gone.

So the next logical question is would Madrid sign him? As I've said before I'm a bit too optimistic, but I think yes. Both Sterling and Mbappé in 2021 if possible.

Looking at Real's Forwards(summer 2020):
LW

• Hazard (29)
  • Vinicius (20)
  • Vasquez(29)
RW
  • Asensio (24)
  • Rodrygo (19)
  • Bale (31)

And in Summer 2021
LW

• Hazard (30)
    • Sterling (26)
    • Vinicius (21)
RW

• Mbappe (22)
    • Asensio (25)
    • Rodrygo (20)
Benzema Will likely be gone. And Jovic(if he's good enough) as the main Striker

It will be interesting to see if any are on the radar, never mind a possibility.
Iscout are working with City at the moment to look at the cumbersome scouting strategy.
When this is over and I see the man, I will see if we are looking at any of these.
The thing is though football will have changed so much I think these mega transfers will be only for the video games.

We will win but also lose.

I recon City will be one of the stronger in the transfer market albeit loosing grip on our own sales inc Sane, Angelino & posibly Nico

We wont get what people are expecting for Leroy, I've already said fuck him keep till next year, why except £50m when hes a 80-90m player, unfortunately hes pissed right over & we have to crack on.

Nicocan go young Garcia is worth hiw weight in gold, Bravo has paid his fee, won is cups done his job

I still worry for Mendy & Angelino looks a complete different player in Germany & probably found his level

Cancelo isnt arsed about staying & should we replace Dave even though Phil can step in all season not to sure but we have Gundo, Bernardo to step in with Kev 1st choice

All in all sell what we can & get the foundations sorted to spend at least £200m

Like I said before I would keep Leroy but he ain't arsed

Leroy, Angelino, Nico, Cancelo, Harrison, Robert's gets City between £120-150m

Add a little more then we bag 3 top players with maybe 1 other

Dave & Bravo moving on frees up more decent wages that could total with the above around £600.000 weekly & 6 foreign places available if needed

RB-CB-LB & AM if money available

Somedo
Ruban Dias (Skriniar will go to Spain)
Alaba
Aouar

1 player after that in Harry Kane in 2021

Koulibaly, tah, camavinga, werner, isak bring steffan, angelino back this season. About £240m Giving decent game time to braaf, garcia, doyle. Bravo, nico, stones, sane, d.silva, cancelo, Robert's, tosin, a.garcia, harrison, zinchenko, sandler out. At least £200m youngsters with buy backs.
Aouar, a solid lb next year ferna, gundogan, angelino out.

Eddie/steffan
Walker/couto
Mendy/new lb
Koulibaly/garcia/thb
Laporte/tah
Rodri/camavinga
Kdb/bernado/doyle
Foden/aouar
Sterling/mahrez
Werner/braaf
Jesus/isak

6/7 players in over 2 years and 15 out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.