Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Government guy on R4 just said that there will be no decision whether football can go ahead before next Thursday.

A significant minority of people are not adhering to the lockdown / social distancing rules not least gormless shopworkers, government ministers and top scientists. Give Kyle a break.
Agree with the first part, there is a significant minority not adhering to the lockdown, i see it everyday if i'm out for my walk or bike ride. I accept there will always be people that are too thick to understand or scroats that will do what they want, and to a certain extent i have sympathy for people that can't work from home and when they are at work, social distancing is difficult - so why does it matter? What is difficult to understand, accept and condone is the 'privileged' few that think they know best, that rules don't apply to them and who don't really give two fucks about anyone else. They deserve to be named and shamed along with the others. I don't know the circumstances behind his visit to his sisters house or his bike ride, i don't really want to know. I gave up on Kyle Walker a long time ago . I fully expected as a previous poster suggested that the gutter press will be doing follow ups and no doubt there will be people out there willing to report his transgressions. Whilst this pandemic has brought out the best in some people, it has also highlighted the worst in others , at all levels and the press and media are playing one off against the other to sell copy and advertising space. The is a need for the country to get back to work, otherwise we are all fucked permanently but you can bet your life that the decisions will create yet another shitstorm, everyone has an opinion and they think its the right one. I despair at some of the stuff i've read, our leading expert advising the government on how the virus will spread, inviting his married lover round for a shag, chief medical officers visiting second homes, Jesus wept!! The moves football is making to finish the season ? Why the fuck not lets get it over with , open up the stadiums , free entry so we all feel better about our lives. Lets spread the virus see who lives , who dies, survival of the fittest let's get it started. Just a thought or two on VE Day .

Just a personal opinion and rant, please do not take offence, but i sometimes think that only me and the wife are taking things seriously

My dad didn't make it. Passed lastnight. Sister works in a care home and told me they haven't tested her. Just told her to self isolate for 14 days. Fucking madness.
Sorry for your loss Zante, please accept my deepest sympathy. Very difficult times, hope your sister is ok , i'm sure she will be tested soon, i have family and friends in similar positions, can only thank them for the work they are doing. Stay safe

The government are to recommend cycling to work on Sunday.
I see the first part of the 'story ' used the disclaimer "reported", ie they have no idea.
Safer than sharing a bus or train - as long as you can ride a bike! Think of all those Chinese that were saved, they use bikes a lot from what i've seen on the telly and they only lost 4500 people.

He be in more danger contracting the virus going down to the shops and the people are holding out outside his place to get an article are scum.

He might, he might not but that doesn't excuse his behaviour. Whether he likes it or not he is a role model to lots of kids. He is in the public eye at a club the media have it in for and at the moment being paid very well to keep fit and play FIFA or whatever the players do in their spare time. It was bad enough he got caught up in some kind of sex foursome with hookers, but to then give the press even more ammunition by breaking government rules a couple of times more, while hundreds a day are dying of this virus is brain dead behaviour and disrespectful to people on the front line fighting this disease, not to mention the club who he represents.

Safer than sharing a bus or train - as long as you can ride a bike! Think of all those Chinese that were saved, they use bikes a lot from what i've seen on the telly and they only lost 4500 people.
I agree mate,
There will be other outside activities that will become safe from Sunday. Eg golf , which have been much safer all along, than say riding a tube or shopping.
Outside will become the new self isolation.

Players will be getting tested regularly and will be isolated from contact from wider society to an extent so it's not as risky as playing football against some random group in a park. This would be a highly monitored group. In Italy players from Sampdoria and Fiorentina have been found to have the virus and they'll be quarantined presumably. If a lot of players in the UK have it then that will scupper it and make in unworkable. We'll see.
Why do you constantly ignore the non playing team needed to put a game on? As has been pointed out to you several times, there are more than players involved, but again, you put your head in the sand. Gen question, why?

He's telling me to stop fucking fussing and that he'll be fine.

When we are kids, we all think dads are invincible and will live forever

When dads get to a certain age, they are the only ones still telling us they are invincible and think they will live forever.

He's an argumentative and stubborn bastard. Says he feels much better.

Wouldn't have it any other way, Grrr.
Been there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.