COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't being enforced by authorities now if it's known to be unsafe, so it's hard to see it being enforced once it starts happening on a larger scale.
I’m sure you’re right. It’s within the powers of the HSE to enforce it so if they’re not it’s a failing on their part.

I think it’s up to the doctor but I believe that it only counted in the figures if it’s confirmed by a test, unless the guidelines have changed recently.

I can guarantee this isn't the case.

The wife's cousin died several weeks ago. She died from a seizure brought on by a raging temperature. She was tested for Coronavirus. The test came back as inconclusive yet Coronavirus was still listed on the death certificate as a contributory cause of death.

I can guarantee this isn't the case.

The wife's cousin died several weeks ago. She died from a seizure brought on by a raging temperature. She was tested for Coronavirus. The test came back as inconclusive yet Coronavirus was still listed on the death certificate.
As I said, I don’t believe it would be on the official stats unless there’s a positive test even if it’s on the death certificate. I’m not 100% sure of that but I believe it to be the case based on what I’ve read.

Even if we had one of the lowest the same level of criticism would be hurled and we’d probably have people in meltdown about the economy collapsing and how it’s all Boris’s fault.

honestly, I’m not a boris or a Tory fan - they’ve clearly made many mistakes during this crisis - but tonight’s speech was expected and nothing dramatic was going to happen - yet everyone’s going mad about it. It’s pretty obvious we’re back in Brexit territory where it’s opinion overload and political point scoring at all costs.
It's the lack of clarity. He's said that anyone who can't work from home should try to get to work this week. Is that Monday, Tuesday or, as in the case where he was specific about relaxing exercise rules, Wednesday? When the message is so unclear, we have every right to question - especially in a crisis as big as this.

No! We weren’t supposed to see anyone who doesn’t live in our house.
This is from the government guidance found here https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...dance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others

To make sure people are staying at home and apart from each other, the government has prohibited by law all public gatherings of more than two people, except for very limited purposes:

Me plus 1 other is not more than 2. In any event I haven't been meeting anyone I only raised it because someone had a summary of today's statement which included we could meet with 1 other person. Someone asked where that had come from as Johnson hadnt mentioned it in his address tonight.

Of course I may be massively misunderstanding the guidance and it certainly seems that people have not been seeing anyone I just raised it to say it wasn't a new thing

Peace and love

Yeah he can. Some just have higher standards than others. If he had said the following people would have been a lot happier:

- plans to test a minimum 100k people a day with no exception
- plans to antibody test parts of the UK to ascertain where we are before getting back to work. Let us know how many they think have had it etc. Any updates in immunity?
- clear safety measures to be put in place and checked before businesses let staff return to work, plus how they plan to enforce this
- clear reasoning as to why its okay to see your work colleagues and bosses but you cant see your family from a distance
- an update on the contact tracing app and how its working and when itll be rolled out nationwide
- what exactly is being done to protect care homes
- an explanation as to the weird france only quarantine exception
- what people are meant to do on public transport if they have to go to work. Masks? Why not provide people with them?
- any more PPE updates for workers?
- any attempt at explaining why we shouldn't be worried that these changes won't put the R above 1. Just anything. Explain some of the science. It'd be useful.
- in general just 'why now?'. What exactly puts us at 4 going into 3. And then 3 into 2. Etc. Will we go back into lockdown if it goes up again? Just more info please.
- if he had just been fucking honest with us. Pretending we've been really successful is incredibly disengenuous when you look at the numbers dead. Show humility. Say theres things we could do better and maybe there's areas we've reacted too slowly. Just honesty. It goes a long way.

There are still loads of areas to improve. Lots of unanswered questions. If they cant do some of those things yet, explain why and then why. Honesty. If he'd be as instructive and as helpful as all that up there I'd have said fair fucks and appreciated it. Most would. As it is he really needs to do better. It left uncertainty. We need less of that where possible. We don't have to accept low standards.

Fantasticly summised and absolutely spot on. We deserve a clear and conscise message and all we've had is blither blather and fucking soundbites. Even the soundbites are making less sense.

Do other countries have the same level of outrage over absolutely everything ?

no matter what Boris said tonight it’s obvious it would divide opinion and everyone would launch onto social media and forums to vent. It’s tiresome.

They probably do
But like us it’s probably ignored by the majority who think they are pathetic cry babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.