Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Population immunity of around 70% required.
Covid is same type of virus as influenza, what I mean is that it’s constantly mutating. So you can get flu again, despite already having it. That’s because it’s different seasonal flu and covid will eventually be the same in time, and when a vaccine ultimately comes it will be for those at risk just like the current flu jab.
The reason seasonal flu doesn’t shut down the country every year is because of background immunity and targeted immunisations. Lockdown is not because the corona is more dangerous than flu, but because it’s new, contagious and therefore many people will get it all at once and swamp the healthcare services.
You are right not all the answers are confirmed but we’ve had plenty of similar viruses around to base the medical assumptions. I’ll stick to listening to those in charge with a single brain cell

How wrong is it possible for one person with one brain cell to be.
Influenza is not the same at all.
https://www.nursinginpractice.com/covid-19/mythbuster-‘covid-19-just-seasonal-flu’
It isn’t a corona virus
http://www.labnews.co.uk/article/2030503/coronavirus-is-it-just-a-type-of-flu

How wrong is it possible for one person with one brain cell to be.
Influenza is not the same at all.
https://www.nursinginpractice.com/covid-19/mythbuster-‘covid-19-just-seasonal-flu’
It isn’t a corona virus
http://www.labnews.co.uk/article/2030503/coronavirus-is-it-just-a-type-of-flu

Pissing in the wind mate. Even now people will not accept that this is not flu. As it happens I do think its likely in the fullness of time those considered at risk will like myself have and annual Covid Jab along side the flu jab. That to many will mean its flu and come hell and high water they will not be convinced otherwise.

Until there is solid knowledge of exactly how much and what level of immunity and most importantly how long it lasts from catching Covid then I cannot understand why anyone with more than a single brain cell would even discuss herd immunity.

At this moment of time herd immunity remains potentially the stupidest and most deadly brain wave the human race has conjured up. The fact that Witty and Vallance were openly considering this at the beginning of this pandemic has left me with no faith whatsoever in the British medical and scientific people who are advising the government. Whatever next "maybe if we exploded a nuclear bomb above covid areas the radiation might kill the virus"....no shit Sherlock!
I watched a video this morning (can’t bloody find it nor do I know the name of the Irish fella saying it but he had WHO boards behind him) but the guy was saying that what many have thought of as herd immunity is not what herd immunity means.

He said herd immunity comes from farmers and vets who sacrifice part of the herd in order to gain immunity from something for the majorly of the herd... In humans, herd immunity means vaccinating everyone to gain immunity. In humans you can’t hold a plan to get as many people to have it and recover while sacrificing people in order to gain immunity for the masses. I can’t remember if he said it was illegal to try to do that but it’s certainly unethical.

So until a vaccination is available, humans cannot have herd immunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
If catching the virus doesn't guarantee immunity then surely a vaccine won't guarantee it either so will the vaccine be like seasonal flu vaccine and be given every year?

Population immunity of around 70% required.
Covid is same type of virus as influenza, what I mean is that it’s constantly mutating. So you can get flu again, despite already having it. That’s because it’s different seasonal flu and covid will eventually be the same in time, and when a vaccine ultimately comes it will be for those at risk just like the current flu jab.
The reason seasonal flu doesn’t shut down the country every year is because of background immunity and targeted immunisations. Lockdown is not because the corona is more dangerous than flu, but because it’s new, contagious and therefore many people will get it all at once and swamp the healthcare services.
You are right not all the answers are confirmed but we’ve had plenty of similar viruses around to base the medical assumptions. I’ll stick to listening to those in charge with a single brain cell
Of course it’s more dangerous than flu, just look at the different mortality rates for the two

If I am incorrect and that we do know that having covid gives you immunity and we know that for certain it protects you from further infection then I am delighted to be wrong. Thrilled and far more optimistic for the future. If you would kindly put up a link to confirm this I would me most grateful. I will in turn send it to the WHO as I expect they will share my delight.
Here's a paper but it hasn't been peer-reviewed yet.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.30.20085613v1

Couldn't tell you what it all means but it sounds positive!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.