UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he was (a) bribed or (b) told to do this by uefa? I can’t think of a third option. I wonder what action will be taken?

The first thought I had concerned the dossier of damning evidence we are rumoured to be building against UEFA and their pet clubs. Suddenly UEFA come out with this. Possibly linked in some way

I wonder if he was (a) bribed or (b) told to do this by uefa? I can’t think of a third option. I wonder what action will be taken?
Most probably been directed and now that PSGs boss has a seat at the table, he’s probably uncovered the dirt and hung him out. Probably already agreed a retirement plan as well.

I just stumbled across this document online, which is a long and boring read, but does have some interesting information in it. It is a summary of City's first appeal to CAS last year.

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Award_CAS_6298_internet.pdf

In section E paragraphs 99-109

It appears, when AC Milan appealed a decision by UEFA's Adjudication Chamber (AC), UEFA argued that Milan should have appealed to CAS after the decision was made by the Investigation Chamber (IC) to refer the matter to the AC. Then Milan complained again, and at its discretion, UEFA relented and allowed Milan to appeal.

So because City has had its appeal against the decision to refer the case to the AC rejected by CAS, UEFA cannot make this argument again. I think this is the real reason why City lodged the original appeal. So in some respects they won.

There are a few other points in the above document that we can take to heart. Firstly, CAS seems to accept the argument that UEFA did not follow its own procedures properly in paragraph 68, and is puzzled by the denial that any leaks came from the IC in paragraph 114.

It is also apparent that UEFA's scope document (paragraph 62 & 63 ), detailing what City were being investigated for was not shared with City until 28th July 2020, after the investigation had concluded. So how could City participate in the investigation or defend themselves?

UEFA argued all along that CAS should dismiss the appeal because no decision had been made, but they did not present any arguments against City's, such as the events being time barred, and the procedural ones.

It is also very clear that the evidence presented in this appeal is very relevant and will be considered in the appeal against the ban.

Whilst UEFA 'won' this time, I think City have taken the initiative in this matter and will be in a stronger position because of the points made by CAS.

Most probably been directed and now that PSGs boss has a seat at the table, he’s probably uncovered the dirt and hung him out. Probably already agreed a retirement plan as well.

If we wanted dirt on UEFA a good place to start would be the collusion between UEFA, The Qatar World Cup bid, Russia and the then French President. Plenty of backhanders, favours and political patronage flying around. The fact that both Russia and Qatar both won World Cup ballots with support from UEFA tells you that Platini et al were up to their necks in this and Qatar‘s purchase of PSG dates from these discussions. I sometimes wonder if there was some reverse blackmailing going on in the PSG case where the Qatari owners knew UEFA officials had taken backhanders (As part of the World Cup bid) and hence UEFA officials backed off when PSG were under investigation- maybe PSG threatened to take UEFA officials down by exposing Russian backhanders rather than their own. One things for sure UEFA officials won’t stand up well to scrutiny.

I just stumbled across this document online, which is a long and boring read, but does have some interesting information in it. It is a summary of City's first appeal to CAS last year.

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Award_CAS_6298_internet.pdf

In section E paragraphs 99-109

It appears, when AC Milan appealed a decision by UEFA's Adjudication Chamber (AC), UEFA argued that Milan should have appealed to CAS after the decision was made by the Investigation Chamber (IC) to refer the matter to the AC. Then Milan complained again, and at its discretion, UEFA relented and allowed Milan to appeal.

So because City has had its appeal against the decision to refer the case to the AC rejected by CAS, UEFA cannot make this argument again. I think this is the real reason why City lodged the original appeal. So in some respects they won.

There are a few other points in the above document that we can take to heart. Firstly, CAS seems to accept the argument that UEFA did not follow its own procedures properly in paragraph 68, and is puzzled by the denial that any leaks came from the IC in paragraph 114.

It is also apparent that UEFA's scope document (paragraph 62 & 63 ), detailing what City were being investigated for was not shared with City until 28th July 2020, after the investigation had concluded. So how could City participate in the investigation or defend themselves?

UEFA argued all along that CAS should dismiss the appeal because no decision had been made, but they did not present any arguments against City's, such as the events being time barred, and the procedural ones.

It is also very clear that the evidence presented in this appeal is very relevant and will be considered in the appeal against the ban.

Whilst UEFA 'won' this time, I think City have taken the initiative in this matter and will be in a stronger position because of the points made by CAS.
Think you have the wrong date there - it is 2 months away!

If we wanted dirt on UEFA a good place to start would be the collusion between UEFA, The Qatar World Cup bid, Russia and the then French President. Plenty of backhanders, favours and political patronage flying around. The fact that both Russia and Qatar both won World Cup ballots with support from UEFA tells you that Platini et al were up to their necks in this and Qatar‘s purchase of PSG dates from these discussions. I sometimes wonder if there was some reverse blackmailing going on in the PSG case where the Qatari owners knew UEFA officials had taken backhanders (As part of the World Cup bid) and hence UEFA officials backed off when PSG were under investigation- maybe PSG threatened to take UEFA officials down by exposing Russian backhanders rather than their own. One things for sure UEFA officials won’t stand up well to scrutiny.
I do wonder if anybody has found a link between Ceferin and the Agnelli family, or Leterme and Qatar? Previous positions put these administrators in direct line with vested interests.

I wonder what they could be.

1) Qatar and AD have the exact same tax rules.

2) It’s Qatar (no ‘U’)

3) AD was in football before Qatar so AD didn’t intrude on Qatar.

1) Qatar and AD have the exact same tax rules.

2) It’s Qatar (no ‘U’)

3) AD was in football before Qatar so AD didn’t intrude on Qatar.
Pedant alert.
The Q in Qatar is a transliteration of an aspirated guttural, so there are many 'correct' ways of spelling it in English, depending on what the current convention is.
The good colonel Gaddafi has been historically spelled: Quadafi, Q'adafi, Khadafi etc.

Pedant alert.
The Q in Qatar is a transliteration of an aspirated guttural, so there are many 'correct' ways of spelling it in English, depending on what the current convention is.
The good colonel Gaddafi has been historically spelled: Quadafi, Q'adafi, Khadafi etc.
There’s only one correct way of spelling a proper noun for a country in English. It’s Qatar. It’s 100% not Quatar or Q’atar.

Reactions: Ric
There’s only one correct way of spelling a proper noun for a country in English. It’s Qatar. It’s 100% not Quatar or Q’atar.
In the Dictionary of Islam 2nd edition it is still spelled 'Katar' which is about the fifth variation since the 18th century, none of which began with 'Q'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.