Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to rebrand my blog this evening. Originally The Bundesliga UK (yeah I know - it was from when I started talking about German football whilst at High School), I have renamed it "The Blue on the Danube" as a play on Strauss' famous song. For those of you that know me, hopefully you will be able to appreciate the significance. If not, it reflects my story as a City fan who fell in love with German football and a particular provincial Bavarian outfit who are based upon the famous river.

Find it here: https://theblueonthedanube.wordpress.com
I’ll have a gander at this, cheers.

I have to say, I enjoyed the geisterspiel a lot more than I thought I would. It isn't true football and it isn't anywhere near to what we both want and expect - but, it is a lot better than no football at all.

It’s just not football. I tried watching some of it, but it was all a bit soulless. I don’t really see how it’s going to boost the morale of the nation watching terrible quality football in an empty stadium.

I think lots of people are watching it out of curiosity - to see what it’s like, rather then for enjoyment.

I have to say, I enjoyed the geisterspiel a lot more than I thought I would. It isn't true football and it isn't anywhere near to what we both want and expect - but, it is a lot better than no football at all.

Personally I think no football would be better than the bits I saw at the weekend. I'll certainly be choosing the no football option rather than watching any more of that. I suspect the only people who could really enjoy that would have to have a serious interest in German football.

It’s just not football. I tried watching some of it, but it was all a bit soulless. I don’t really see how it’s going to boost the morale of the nation watching terrible quality football in an empty stadium.

I think lots of people are watching it out of curiosity - to see what it’s like, rather then for enjoyment.
I watched the Dortmund game yesterday. Stuck it for about 10 minutes. Lifeless, soulless experience. Not for me.

I was flicking between a repeat of City v PSG on BT and the Bayern game, weird experience. Will take a while to get used to that.

I gave the Bayern game about 10 minutes after a similar time on the Dortmund game before I turned them off even though I had nothing better to do. With no crowds and players/staff shouting in a language I have no knowledge of it adds more weight to the commentators words and when they’re as bad as Ian darke who just shouts over everyone with his pre-rehearsed lines ignoring all other chat and often blurting them out with zero context that’s not a good thing by any stretch. I’d be very interested to see the viewing figures for this week alongside next weeks as I suspect they’ll be a large section that would rather stare at an empty screen than watch that.

Apparently the viewer numbers were on an all time high. I personally don´t think it was a good decision to start the football again and in addition to that no one who loves football would appreciate a world of football without any fan interaction.

The active fan groups in Germany have been very vocal about not supporting this kind of "event" and I personally havent watched a single game.
Unfortunately it seems like the numbers were still high on viewership so the DFB is most likely thinking it was the right thing to do.

I have reached a point were I couldnt care less about the outcome of the season. I can see us getting relegated and for whatever reason not care about it one bit. Strange feeling of disconnect for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.