“The work of God”?

Thanks, that all seems reasonable enough. But is it possible that there is a love that is beyond - but includes - chemical reactions? Bohm
spoke of "“He proposed that underlying physical appearances, the “explicate order,” there is a deeper, hidden “implicate order.” Is it possible that the implicate order is of Love but we are trying to understand love from only the viewpoint of the explicate order? Maybe there is an explicate form of love than can be embraced and transformed by an opening to an implicate Love? Explicate love will have survived but now it will have a different quality to it, one born of Implicate Love. Not just a love of survival, but one that thrives and blossoms.
There is.
It is more than just the physical act.
It is emotional, passionate and cerebral too.
It is beyond outer beauty.
When the whole of you emotionally, mentally,physically and spiritually is given to another without holding anything back, it is a beautiful thing, but beware the downside...

thought not
Thanks. Do you ever ask what you feel? That can be another side of education.
Curiously, it can often be left out. Might lead to uncomfortable questions, may lead to
to deeper trust and strength. That may involve a faith some scientists could struggle with.
Balance - how does that feel?

There is.
It is more than just the physical act.
It is emotional, passionate and cerebral too.
It is beyond outer beauty.
When the whole of you emotionally, mentally,physically and spiritually is given to another without holding anything back, it is a beautiful thing, but beware the downside...
Cheers. Yes, have found the downside can be kinda ugly. Not fun to be stuck there. But the other side of this? Yes please :)

Yes in the 70's. Not going was never an option for us kids at that time. Our mothers were the crack troops of the parish and they all worked together in a network to ensure you had to be very clever to evade capture whilst missing mass. And those were the days were if you got a bollicking from one of them, you wouldn't even think of giving them lip, or telling your mum. That would guarantee two bollockings. The young today, as you say, haven't a fucking clue how much of a battle it was to win the choice not to go. I should be up for a fucking medal. Me being a stubborn **** all my life ensured I stuck to guns that were not conducive to an easy time. When I think back on the shit I got it seems as if I was living in the bastard dark ages. :)
Haha.
It really was like that.
Walked the dog with a mate yesterday and we discussed this very thing.
He recalled himself his younger brother and another mate turning up late for mass and having to walk across the front of the altar, so they were seen by everyone.
Next day he was called over by Mrs. McCarthy, a neighbour three doors down, and read the riot act about how dare he walk across the altar, late while Father so and so’s sermon was going on.

As you say. You didn’t answer back in those days. It would get back to your own mother and that would be worse.

Kids today don’t know they’re born.

Last edited:
Haha.
It really was like that.
He recalled himself his younger brother and another mate turning up late for mass and having to walk across the front of the altar, so they were seen by everyone.
Next day he was called over by Mrs. McCarthy, a neighbour three doors down, and read the riot act about how dare he walk across the altar, late while Father so and so’s sermon was going on.

As you say. You didn’t answer back in those days. It would get back to your own mother and that would be worse.

It was like some fucking dystopian game of cat and mouse. Loads of cats trained in catching you. It also taught us how to develop strategies to outsmart them. In order to take part in the game you had to accept you would be caught and punished. Once you could cope with that, you defeated them.

All of these women were lovely, but they felt they were saving you. By getting you a hiding. :) Fucking nuts.

Haha.
It really was like that.

My mate sent me this yesterday. This is actually bang on. :)

church-worship-coronavirus.jpg

Haha.
It really was like that.

Did everyone have to go god bothering at one time.

Must admit I never did..only been in a church about 10 times.
Weddings and funerals that's it for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.