UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other clubs surely have no locus in this case. They would have to pursue City by other means such as breach of PL rules. Can't see them getting anywhere.
Personally, I can't wait. "Oh what a circus, oh what a show"
PS The quote is the first line of 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina". Let's hope the last line of that song is not appropriate: "It's our funeral too."

It’s actually the opening line to the song “Oh what a circus”

The opening line to “Don’t cry for me Argentina” is, It won’t be easy, you’ll think it strange.

;-)

Politics. Ceferin is a lawyer. I'd be very surprised if he hadn't bothered to fully acquaint himself with the full details of our case, given that it is the most high profile case his organisation has ever had, and has far-reaching consequences whatever the outcome.
Interesting that this snippet is the only bit in the Grauniad. Where is Conn?

Best we can hope for is a one year ban, there's too much pressure from certain individuals not to punish us. If we did get off though Uefa are fucked and finished in that order.
Don't know who this 'we' is you're speaking for but City themselves are beyond confident, I'm totally unfussed myself. CAS don't bow to pressure from outside agencies.

uefa can have whatever the fuck they want written in a stolen email, but if the source of the funds they question can be proven to be what we say it was, then their case goes tits up. A simple bank statement would do that. The hacked* emails then become totally irrelevant.

Or am I missing something obvious here?

*not leaked, for the benefit of all you wankstain lying bastard "journalists" creeping around here, and we know you are here.

One wonders why we didn’t simply produce one at the Adjudicatory Chamber stage. I presuming we either didn’t have one, or we did and UEFA chose to dismiss it?

This is like the period between winning the semi in the FA cup, and the final. Excitement at the prospect of glory, nervousness at the prospect of disappointment. I feel sick!

Don’t forget two other very major parties have invested in us since then - I think if we were guilty of the sort of cheap financial doping alleged by Der Spiegel and Rob Harris that the due diligence of SilverLake or the Chinese Government might just have picked it up... not withstanding our own auditors or those at Etihad.
Agree entirely, my post was simply a response to those who feared a loss with CAS.
That unlikely outcome is something that has surely been planned for?

I think this can now only be settled out of court if UEFA drop all the charges. Even then I’m not sure that works for us - I think we want the CAS to overturn the case rather push it under the carpet - City need to prove their innocence and can’t accept some dirty deal or well crafted agreement. I think UEFA have from day one wanted this to be settled and go away but City won’t play ball (excuse the pun) and this really does need to play out in court. Ultimately the balance of power between City, the G14 and UEFA has to change.

One hell of a gamble we’re taking then, given that even Stefan Borson argued there were clear plusses and minuses with our case. Whichever side loses is well and truly fucked IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.