UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal were one of the biggest losers of city breaking the old top 4, nearly every year they would qualify for the CL by finishing fourth, but because they always qualified, they would go into pot 1 in the group stages based on UEFA's points system. Because they were in pot 1 they always then qualified for knockout stages (where they then got knocked out!), further boosting their UEFA points and ensuring pot 1 the following year. The CL money have them a huge financial advantage over the rest of the teams outside the top 4 (tv deal wasn't as significant as it is now) enabling them to finish fourth again, so rinse and repeat. Now if Wenger wants to talk about financial doping, well he should have looked a little closer to home.
I have always despised Wenger. For a period he was the highest paid manager in the world. He defended the actions of Arsenal's owners as they fleeced their fans with ticket prices and attacked City as a deflection tactic. He was one of the first to use the phrase financial doping. He also seemed to relish using the Arab oil label which makes me believe his motives may have been driven by more sinister attitudes towards the heritage of our owners. I am not surprised he has now landed a job with one of the world's most corrupt organisations.

As I said yesterday, if the PL is planning on a resumption just after the CAS hearing, that's the perfect time to unleash the shit storm.

I'm not sure how you've worked this out.

There's currently about 500 football journalists sitting around desperate for something to write about, and millions of football fans so desperate for football that they'll watch Mainz vs Koln on TV, but you think the perfect time to "unleash the shit storm" is just after all the football comes back?

If you wanted to bury a story, you'd release it the weekend the football came back and the fans and journalists suddenly had a million things to think about for the first time in 3 months.

If you wanted a story to make an impact, you'd release it during the biggest sporting news vacuum in living memory, not just after that vacuum has been filled.

Wasn't Wenger instrumental in trying to cut the Premier League down so Arsenal had less games against "piffle" opposition ?
A move he would never have suggested had Arsenal been one of the clubs at risk, he may have been academically bright, but still a selfish and self-centered voyeuristic coont.

If you have a big enough shitstorm to unleash, then the perfect time to unleash it is just as they think things are going back to normal !

I'm not sure how you've worked this out.

There's currently about 500 football journalists sitting around desperate for something to write about, and millions of football fans so desperate for football that they'll watch Mainz vs Koln on TV, but you think the perfect time to "unleash the shit storm" is just after all the football comes back?

If you wanted to bury a story, you'd release it the weekend the football came back and the fans and journalists suddenly had a million things to think about for the first time in 3 months.

If you wanted a story to make an impact, you'd release it during the biggest sporting news vacuum in living memory, not just after that vacuum has been filled.
I'd suggest that releasing it while the world's in the middle of the worst crisis since WW2 isn't the best thing to do and that waiting until the football does start, when the media will be focused on it, is entirely the right thing to do. It would completely Twitter the some of Liverpool's already meaningless title win and leave them in turmoil when they should be celebrating.

The original plan would have been to start the shit storm in the lead-up to our game against them while they were close to winning the title.

I'd suggest that releasing it while the world's in the middle of the worst crisis since WW2 isn't the best thing to do and that waiting until the football does start, when the media will be focused on it, is entirely the right thing to do. It would completely Twitter the some of Liverpool's already meaningless title win and leave them in turmoil when they should be celebrating.

The original plan would have been to start the shit storm in the lead-up to our game against them while they were close to winning the title.

The world will still be in it's biggest crisis since WW2 in June.

So if you don't want to release the story during that then it won't come out til 2021.

Yep but we know it be a one day headline then die a death while the force of the scouser media praise them.

The world will still be in it's biggest crisis since WW2 in June.

So if you don't want to release the story during that then it won't come out til 2021.
Release the shit storm when football returns , pretty simple to understand

I have always despised Wenger. For a period he was the highest paid manager in the world. He defended the actions of Arsenal's owners as they fleeced their fans with ticket prices and attacked City as a deflection tactic. He was one of the first to use the phrase financial doping. He also seemed to relish using the Arab oil label which makes me believe his motives may have been driven by more sinister attitudes towards the heritage of our owners. I am not surprised he has now landed a job with one of the world's most corrupt organisations.
Not to mention the financial doping by Danny fiszman who would now be referred to as a ‘sugar daddy’ which turned arse into the title winning side they became.
His money was of course, untainted by any whiff of scandal or corruption, coming as it did from South African diamonds where, as we all know, the miners were treated kindly and generously by their owners.. sorry- I meant employers.

I would think that IF we have some major evidence of Liverpool wrongdoing aimed at us then now is the perfect time to get it out there. The PL is desperately trying to get agreement to finish the season and this would be a bombshell thrown into the mix. We are one of a handful of clubs that can afford to sit out an extended time with no football and this would be further leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.