UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much hope you are right mate. Don’t think anyone can confidently predict how this will play out yet though.

Most definitely.

What I am confident of, though, is that the club will not stop if a ban in any form is passed.

Even a year ban would set us back, and I don't see the club sitting on that and allowing it to come to fruition.

I very much hope you are right mate. Don’t think anyone can confidently predict how this will play out yet though.
Well Omar Berrada was quite vehement that we wouldn't be doing any deals with UEFA and that we sent Ceferin away empty handed. Spoke to a couple of my CM colleagues today & both confirmed he said that. Soriano was quite clear in his video interview. And I do know that Khaldoon is 100% sure we'll win this and that's not bravado. These guys' reputations and honour are on the line.

I'm nervous nonetheless but I'm also sure we've got an ace or two up our sleeve.

Last edited:
I keep coming back to it , but the Bosman case demonstrates just how arrogant and downright wrong uefa could be.
I’m sure they approached that case supremely confident that they were going to succeed, supported by the views of various expensive ‘legal experts’ that this was the case, only to be given a rude awakening by a relatively unknown Belgian footballer and his relatively unknown lawyer, who showed that the properly constituted law, not uefa’s notions of ‘what’s best for football according to us’ applies.
In fact , that is what the ECJ pointed out to uefa in no uncertain terms.
They probably did.

We are dealing with a different court here though.

I hope you’re right. But our case has fallen down thus far at three hurdles. The first UEFA panel (which probably wasn’t very rigorous or impartial), CAS I, which raised some concerns about how our case was being adjudicated but we don’t know if they’re going to be enough on their own to have it eventually thrown out, and lastly UEFA II, which was more rigorous but hopefully also circumspect.

UEFA do win at CAS. It’s not like their processes are completely ludicrous. Hopefully in our case, their case is like a sieve and we make them look daft.

Most definitely.

What I am confident of, though, is that the club will not stop if a ban in any form is passed.

Even a year ban would set us back, and I don't see the club sitting on that and allowing it to come to fruition.
Yeah, I think the club would contest any form of punishment. Not sure they’d be able to fast track that before next season starts though. If CAS uphold the verdict (or reduce the ban to one year) we almost certainly won’t be in next season’s CL draw.

Well Omar Berrada was quite vehement that we wouldn't be doing any deals with UEFA and that we sent Ceferin away empty handed. Spoke to a couple of my CM colleagues today & both confirmed he said that. Soriano was quite clear in his video interview. And I do know that Khaldoon is 100% sure we'll win this and that's not bravado. These guys' reputations and honour are on the line.

I'm nervous nonetheless but I'm also sure we've got an ace of two up our sleeve.
Let’s hope so!

I'm nervous nonetheless but I'm also sure we've got an ace of two up our sleeve.
They certainly are on the line!

My hope too.

If not it’s going to be very dodgy.

My point, as made earlier, is that the idea that the final verdict was made only by disgruntled clubs and voiciferous failed politicians seems pretty wide of the mark. It was eventually done by a very senior legal professional. We can debate the merits of that and why he may have come to that conclusion but he ultimately did. He will have a reputation to keep up. He won’t want to look stupid.

We may win. I hope we do. But the whole process is going to go through a proper grinder and we’ll see what comes out.

Maybe it’s too long supporting City, but I fear we’ll win the battle, by highlighting pretty poor processes etc, but lose the war and be found to have not abided by the rules we signed up to.

I hope I’m wrong. But that possibility is where the debate should lie.

AC is made up of more than a single judge, they can only look at the evidence from the IC who rushed through their verdict due to the 5 year time rule. City have stated public that their evidence, 200 page document wasn’t considered. I think you should look at the history of the lead investigator Leterme, he’s dodgy to say the least In the PSG case the AC were aghast at his conduct

Maybe you will or maybe you won’t I hope you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.