UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The parties may, in the statement of claim and in the response, raise claims not contained in the request for arbitration and in the answer to the request. Thereafter, no party may raise any new claim without the consent of the other party.

In their written submissions, the parties shall list the name(s) of any witnesses, whom they intend to call, including a brief summary of their expected testimony, and the name(s) of any experts, stating their area of expertise, and shall state any other evidentiary measure which they request.

Thanks for posting this. It answers a couple of questions I've had since we appealed. The two paragraphs above I find the most interesting.

Unless I'm misinterpreting it, the first suggests that we aren't restricted to just the grounds we initially appealed on. That we could, if so minded, include the fact that FFP, itself, is a bogus construct used to prevent investment. This would dovetail nicely with the noises coming out of UEFA concerning "modernising" FFP and Wenger's Damascene conversion to our view of FFP.

Secondly, witnesses. The transition from being an investigator with the various powers that involves and making a written witness statement, to standing in the box giving oral evidence before a Court whilst being cross-examined by top QC cannot be underestimated. Believe me, there is nowhere to hide in the witness box notwithstanding that the pressure is eased slightly by not being in an actual Courtroom. We all saw Platini eviscerated by Martin Samuel in a voluntary interview. Multiply that by 50 and you'll have some idea of the pressure the UEFA witnesses will be under when Lord Pannick starts doing his stuff. God, I wish I could be a fly on the wall for this hearing.

I think we can only actually appeal the CAS verdict on very limited grounds (such as procedural rules not being followed etc), not just that we didn't agree with the outcome. Presumably the next step, if we lost, would be to challenge the very legality of FFP itself. They wouldn't suspend any CL ban for that.

Challenging FFP legality would be something that you would assume would take several years with absolutely no guarantee of success. If it were something that club were certain would collapse with the first hint of a legal challenge then it wouldn't be in place right now.

For me it would be a last ditch nuclear option as failure would be the end of us as a top level club.

If City do beat UEFA and thus we're in next season's CL, watch VAR go into hyper-super-duper drive to get United into fourth spot just in case they don't win the Europa Cup. VAR will disallow goals by their opposition before the game even kicks off.

I thought any restart of the premier league was without VAR as it wasnt safe to have the refs in the shed because of Corona virus

I can see it now: Dateline: June 8
Place: Bluemoon
Situation: Absolute meltdown, panic, hope, fear, chaos.

Draw up a chair folks, get the beers in, open the popcorn, enjoy the ride.

Thanks for posting this. It answers a couple of questions I've had since we appealed. The two paragraphs above I find the most interesting.

Unless I'm misinterpreting it, the first suggests that we aren't restricted to just the grounds we initially appealed on. That we could, if so minded, include the fact that FFP, itself, is a bogus construct used to prevent investment. This would dovetail nicely with the noises coming out of UEFA concerning "modernising" FFP and Wenger's Damascene conversion to our view of FFP.

Secondly, witnesses. The transition from being an investigator with the various powers that involves and making a written witness statement, to standing in the box giving oral evidence before a Court whilst being cross-examined by top QC cannot be underestimated. Believe me, there is nowhere to hide in the witness box notwithstanding that the pressure is eased slightly by not being in an actual Courtroom. We all saw Platini eviscerated by Martin Samuel in a voluntary interview. Multiply that by 50 and you'll have some idea of the pressure the UEFA witnesses will be under when Lord Pannick starts doing his stuff. God, I wish I could be a fly on the wall for this hearing.
There’s certain to be some panic when Pannick gets going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.