UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Challenging FFP legality would be something that you would assume would take several years with absolutely no guarantee of success. If it were something that club were certain would collapse with the first hint of a legal challenge then it wouldn't be in place right now.

For me it would be a last ditch nuclear option as failure would be the end of us as a top level club.

Once we thought we managed to get in, I am fairly sure we didn't mind the FFP at all. I doubt people high up the Club are dying to see Saudis coming to the PL and give us another competition. It's not some too moral stand and I don't agree with it, but from business point of view, we surely didn't want FFP to disappear as long as we passed the test.

My personal opinion of our achievements will not be undermined. The opinion of others is already made up irrespective of guilt.
However we don’t know that anyone elses have been overlooked. There have been ffp fines and bans handed out beyond just to us, albeit ours is the strongest yet. But seemingly this is because of supposed lies and deception rather than actually failing ffp.
All I’m saying is we cannot in hindsight make a fuss about the rules after breaking them when we publically didnt in the past.
If we broke them we broke them
You can be innocent even if found guilty.

That is my concern when reading this thread. I get the feeling an increasing number of us will only accept it to be a proper legal process if we are cleared. That may not necessarily be the case. In this scenario we need to be able to deal with it or it will define our club for years

I don't give a shit about legal process at all, there should be no legal process and no rules of this kind at all. The win would be great as it would help us to get out of trouble that was forced and intimidated on us. Legal process and respecting their rules I couldn't give less fuck about.

It's batshit crazy to see City fans talking about rules and legality in this case. It's like expecting Jews of Nazi Germany to respect racist rules made for them. It's idiotic thinking. Or some kind of football Stockholm syndrome? You don't respect the wrong laws and injustice. You try to avoid getting caught if it can cause you big problems, but otherwise you say fuck off to them. What's wrong with City fans thinking like you?

Last edited:
You can be innocent even if found guilty.

What did Lord Denning say of the Birmingham six ? "We shouldn't have all these campaigns to get the Birmingham Six released if they'd been hanged. They'd have been forgotten and the whole community would have been satisfied."

I can see it now: Dateline: June 8
Place: Bluemoon
Situation: Absolute meltdown, panic, hope, fear, chaos.

Draw up a chair folks, get the beers in, open the popcorn, enjoy the ride.
We've always rolled with the mantra @scream if you want to go faster'....it's still the same and I wouldn't have it anyother way. Imagine being mid table and zzz for years & years.

I don't give a shit about legal process at all, there should be no legal process and no rules of this kind at all. The win would be great as it would help us to get out of trouble that was forced and intimidated on us. Legal process and respecting their rules I couldn't give less fuck about.

It's batshit crazy to see City fans talking about rules and legality in this case. It's like expecting Jews of Nazi Germany to respect racist rules made for them. It's idiotic thinking. Or some kind of football Stockholm syndrome? You don't respect the wrong laws and injustice. You try to avoid getting caught if it can cause you big problems, but otherwise you say fuck off to them. What's wrong with City fans thinking like you?

Firstly it is absolutely nothing like Nazi Germany.

Yes unfortunately we are obliged to comply with the rules. It is not really batshit crazy for City fans to think this whether they agree with them or not.

The consequences are pretty obvious to most fans, if we are found guilty. The potential loss of key players, the loss of revenue, sponsorship etc the damage to the reputation of the club and the uncomfortable position it would have put Pep in having to front up each week to the accusations.

My hope is the club can clears its name of all the charges.

Firstly it is absolutely nothing like Nazi Germany.

Yes unfortunately we are obliged to comply with the rules. It is not really batshit crazy for City fans to think this whether they agree with them or not.

The consequences are pretty obvious to most fans, if we are found guilty. The potential loss of key players, the loss of revenue, sponsorship etc the damage to the reputation of the club and the uncomfortable position it would have put Pep in having to front up each week to the accusations.

My hope is the club can clears its name of all the charges.
Sorry, with BosnianBlue on this. In fact I’m not quite sure what point you were making apart from judging his analogy. If you are one of those people who respects every single rule put in front of you by every single half baked authority, then good luck to you. Others prefer to engage in critical thinking.

Sorry, with BosnianBlue on this. In fact I’m not quite sure what point you were making apart from judging his analogy. If you are one of those people who respects every single rule put in front of you by every single half baked authority, then good luck to you. Others prefer to engage in critical thinking.
And let’s not forget that we did sign up to the rules.... then uefa decided to change those rules so that we could be punished at the time and they are now predicating this ‘investigation’ on those same events for which we have already...errr... been punished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.