Blocking

Or have had enough arguments in life to know it's not worth the effort wasting your time with people who are aggressively wrong, who then offer you out for a scrap on PM because they can't handle the fact they've been corrected.

No one has ever offered me out by PM.

I feel quite deflated now tbh.

It always makes me laugh when people on here say they don’t like another poster or block them.

We are all just a collection of digits that make up a username on the internet, a small number of our views on a variety of random topics are discussed. But in reality we know next to nothing about each other. This isn’t real life. And while we are real people on the other side of our phones/computers, our internet usernames aren’t real people.

In real life, me and my mates disagree, argue, call each other cunts and really fucking mean it, some arguments have even almost lead to fist fights or have and we’ve had to split them up... then the next minute say to each other; “right, fuck that anyway, what you having to drink?”

One disagreement over one view of one topic doesn’t mean that people can’t still agree on many other things.

Too many big girl’s blouses in this world.
I appreciate what you’re saying but it is real life in some cases. There’s a few mentions on here of posters PM’ing to threaten other posters and it’s happened to me. The poster who sent it to me was a very troubled individual and had I made light of it at the time and took the piss, other posters would’ve probably said I needed to show some understanding and leave it.

Some posters don’t like being disagreed with and if you highlight their ignorance, hold grudges and follow you around like a bad smell disagreeing with everything you say and trying to provoke a reaction.

There are two posters on here currently who I haven’t initially liked and have bickered in many a thread but I have actually started to enjoy their posts over the past few months whether I agree or not. Only yesterday I didn’t know whether one of them was taking the piss but instead of ignoring them, I asked and got a reasonable answer. I’m glad I didn’t press “ignore” on either of them.

I have quite a few on ignore
But there’s actually nothing wrong with arguing.

If you can put your point across while angry, with a few “you stupid fucking ****”s thrown in, and then are able to move on and are able to still talk to that person on other topics; that means you’re a skilled arguer and have decent resilience of character.

People who can’t take an argument, hold a grudge and start getting all ‘cry-baby’ about it, reporting posts and blocking people, are people who haven’t had enough decent arguments in their life. Probably people who are a bit soft and sheltered, or arrogant bastards who think that their view is the only correct view.
I like a sparring session on a topic but it is not allowed so best block people,i am learning the hard way

I appreciate what you’re saying but it is real life in some cases. There’s a few mentions on here of posters PM’ing to threaten other posters and it’s happened to me. The poster who sent it to me was a very troubled individual and had I made light of it at the time and took the piss, other posters would’ve probably said I needed to show some understanding and leave it.

Some posters don’t like being disagreed with and if you highlight their ignorance, hold grudges and follow you around like a bad smell disagreeing with everything you say and trying to provoke a reaction.

There are two posters on here currently who I haven’t initially liked and have bickered in many a thread but I have actually started to enjoy their posts over the past few months whether I agree or not. Only yesterday I didn’t know whether one of them was taking the piss but instead of ignoring them, I asked and got a reasonable answer. I’m glad I didn’t press “ignore” on either of them.
Cheers babe x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.