COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wrote a paper about savings to pensions etc that could be achieved if people died earlier. He also employed an advocate of eugenics who had to resign. Cummings paper was a long time ago so he might have softened his views?
I’m aware he wrote a blog on the genetics of learning disorders and wanting to introduce ways of detecting that earlier under the idea that they could be picked up earlier.

“In a 2013 blogpost, he cited research that concluded that discovering “genes responsible for general cognitive ability and specific abilities and disabilities” would “enable truly personalised education including early intervention for specific learning difficulties”.

Not seen anything on the pensions thing, not sure that’s eugenics either.

Until I discovered Cummings child was autistic I would have said he had no grounds for doing what he did at all, but his 4 year old is autistic and you can only leave such children with close friends/relatives that the child knows very, very well.
It makes no difference in politics of course. Cummings is the story now and as an advisor, he shouldn't be. There will be faux outrange from his political enemies (Tory enemies too) till Cummings is gone. It is the nature of the beast.
Is his child autistic?

By posting in the “Covid Political Thread” but be my guess.

OK but, for example, we wouldn’t have benefitted from the insight of posters who saw the limitations of “herd immunity” from the outset.

If we guillotine anything political this thread would be very small. Another example is the counting of cases and deaths that was the most political aspect of this topic for weeks.

Is his child autistic?
Yes. I'm sure you can determine the proof of it if you can be bothered. There's the Interweb, TV and Radio news too .
While you're at it, you can check on the fact that Cummings's Maternal Uncle died the same weekend and the farmhouse where Cummings stayed has cottage lettings - so technically Cummings probably didn't break isolation at all - only the travel restriction.

Last edited:
I’m aware he wrote a blog on the genetics of learning disorders and wanting to introduce ways of detecting that earlier under the idea that they could be picked up earlier.

“In a 2013 blogpost, he cited research that concluded that discovering “genes responsible for general cognitive ability and specific abilities and disabilities” would “enable truly personalised education including early intervention for specific learning difficulties”.

Not seen anything on the pensions thing, not sure that’s eugenics either.

Well maybe eugenics is too strong but Cummings was quoted in February saying if pensioners die then “so be it”, when talking about protecting the economy. Pensions would be part of that. You may want to defend that on the politics page if you want this one to move on.

Well maybe eugenics is too strong but Cummings was quoted in February saying if pensioners die then “so be it”, when talking about protecting the economy. Pensions would be part of that. You may want to defend that on the politics page if you want this one to move on.
If he said “so be it” then he’s a ****, eugenics or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.