COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I'm sure you can determine the proof of it, using the Interweb, if you can be bothered.
While you're at it, you can check on the fact that Cummings's Maternal Uncle died the same weekend and the farmhouse where Cummings stayed has cottage lettings - so technically Cummings probably didn't break isolation at all.
You obviously couldn't be bothered.

If you think that's not breaking isolation I don't think you understand what "stay at home" means. Who's going to look after the child if Cummings and his missus were "incapacitated"? If they were "about to be incapacitated" were they fit to drive and - given how quickly people can be incapacitated by it - what if they'd not made it to Durham?

You obviously couldn't be bothered.

If you think that's not breaking isolation I don't think you understand what "stay at home" means. Who's going to look after the child if Cummings and his missus were "incapacitated"? If they were "about to be incapacitated" were they fit to drive and - given how quickly people can be incapacitated by it - what if they'd not made it to Durham?
He wasn't ill at the time. His wife was though. I'm sure you can confirm this yourself. It's not difficult.

Dimwit? Coming from the poster who claims:

- old people don't get the virus
- low risk of transmitting between people
- 2m is 'guesswork'
- it's ok for COVID carriers to be in a car with non-carriers.

Ok. Toodlepip.
Didn’t say A

There is a low risk, you don’t understand risk. If R is 1 for example then with all the people one encounters it is only passed to one other person ie a low risk

It’s an arbitrary figure made up to enable people to still go shopping. Some countries have 1m some 1.5 some 2, the science isn’t exact, 5m won’t be enough if someone shouts coughs or sneezes

I was comparing the risk to wider society of one small family in a car and how that would spread it relative to hordes of people in parks or fools in your face in shops, on buses, tubes etc

You didn’t land a punch. Checking people’s join date is about your level.

You’re clearly quite old, as is Karen, and worried about the virus - it’s normal to see things through the narrow prism of how a situation may affect you but for the purpose of healthy debate it’s important to see the bigger picture too and even though people disagree it’s healthy to respect other opinions without resorting to dipper, rag, wum insults like a bullying idiot in a pub who doesn’t have the intellect to argue his point and lashes out.

Didn’t say A

There is a low risk, you don’t understand risk. If R is 1 for example then with all the people one encounters it is only passed to one other person ie a low risk

It’s an arbitrary figure made up to enable people to still go shopping. Some countries have 1m some 1.5 some 2, the science isn’t exact, 5m won’t be enough if someone shouts coughs or sneezes

I was comparing the risk to wider society of one small family in a car and how that would spread it relative to hordes of people in parks or fools in your face in shops, on buses, tubes etc

You didn’t land a punch. Checking people’s join date is about your level.

You’re clearly quite old, as is Karen, and worried about the virus - it’s normal to see things through the narrow prism of how a situation may affect you but for the purpose of healthy debate it’s important to see the bigger picture too and even though people disagree it’s healthy to respect other opinions without resorting to dipper, rag, wum insults like a bullying idiot in a pub who doesn’t have the intellect to argue his point and lashes out.

He isn't that old lol think of Moby.

Thats nonsense, R1 is a community figure and the rate the virus is being passed in a community. If you have the virus everyone the carrier encounters can get it not just 1 because R is 1. If they encounter 100 people a 100 people could catch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.