General Videogame Thread

It's a truly stunning game.

Don't go into it though thinking it's GTA set in the wild west. You can just go round shooting people and causing havoc. Well you can put the game will punish you hard.

The control scheme is very deliberate and precise and can be a bit fiddly at first but once you get use to it it becomes second nature.

Take your time with it as it's meant to be played that way and the first 6-7 hours of the game is slow as it introduces you to the mechanics,story and characters of the game but when it opens up you'll enter the best looking game of all time on console and PC and easily the best open world you'll ever play in(and I've played Skyrim for about 300 hours)

Also the story and the characters you meet are some of the best in video game history. It's like playing a 60 hour film and actually puts most Hollywood blockbusters to shame with the script.

Also Arthur Morgan is the best video game character I've ever played as. I've never been as emotionally attached to a video game character before as much as I have with Arthur

I'm sure the other guys who have been talking about this on this thread will agree with me.

The more I'm playing it the more it's becoming the best video game I've ever played

You've encouraged me to give it another go. I tried it and fiddled about with it for about a month (not daily gameplay, a couple of times a week-ish). I got quickly bored with the extreme slow paced story.

Yeah it's gone downhill a bit with the new obsession with cash grab ultimate team modes, but it's still highly addictive. I put so much time into the early versions playing the Road to the Show mode, it's by far the best single person career mode in games as baseball just lends itself to controlling one guy throughout their career. Franchise mode used to be incredible as well, as you say, so long to complete a season but hugely satisfying, unfortunately they've barely changed it in about 10 years
Never tried the franchise mode, always just hammered the road to the show. Loved the detail of the ball parks and as frustrating as it was at times it was a brilliant game. Probably about the 2017 version last time I played it.

Strategy Games:
1. Civilization series (2 onwards)
2. Total War series (Rome II & Warhammer)
3. Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
4. Age of Empires
5. Stellaris
6. Company of Heroes

Role Playing Games:
1. Witcher 3
2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
3. World of Warcraft (original to 3rd DLC)
4. Morrowind/Skyrim
5. Dragon age: Origins
6. Summoner (PS2)
7. Jade Empire (Xbox)

First Person Shooters:

1. Battlefield 2
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 & 2
3. Halo
4. Call of Duty (original)
5. Ace Combat 3
6. Freelancer
7. Goldeneye (N64)

Sims

1. Football Manager 2014
2. Frostpunk
3. Theme Hospital (PS1)
4. Worms
5. Anno 1404
6. Zeus Master of Olympus

Steam: viciousscotsman

Last edited:
What are the games that have make up your life or have the ones that have taken up way too much time in your life. For me its probably

Dungeon Master
Elite on 8bit
Kick Off
Half Life 1 and 2 (Especially online)
Civilization
WoT
7 Days
Factorio

does anyone here play any online PC gaming?

Sam and Max.
Sensible Soccer.
Cannon Fodder.
Championship Manager 01/02 (still playing as it gets updated every 6 months)
Duke Nukem.
All the GTA's.
Oblivion.
Battlefield 1942/ 1/ 5
Minecraft.
Red Dead 1 and 2.
Operation Zero.
Rocket League.
Witcher 3.
Rome Total War.
L4D1 and 2.
Far Cry 5.

To be honest there's probably hundreds of games I've missed out. Been playing PC games online since around 1999/ 2000 in some form or another.

Before that I had an Amiga(500, 600 and 1200) plus way back in the depths of time a Dragon 32, zx81 and a C64. Never had a spectrum.

Also had a playstation since number 1.

Still got an Amiga 1200, my old Dragon plus every playstation.

Helps if you have your own room!

Sam and Max.
Sensible Soccer.
Cannon Fodder.
Championship Manager 01/02 (still playing as it gets updated every 6 months)
Duke Nukem.
All the GTA's.
Oblivion.
Battlefield 1942/ 1/ 5
Minecraft.
Red Dead 1 and 2.
Operation Zero.
Rocket League.
Witcher 3.
Rome Total War.
L4D1 and 2.
Far Cry 5.

To be honest there's probably hundreds of games I've missed out. Been playing PC games online since around 1999/ 2000 in some form or another.

Before that I had an Amiga(500, 600 and 1200) plus way back in the depths of time a Dragon 32, zx81 and a C64. Never had a spectrum.

Also had a playstation since number 1.

Still got an Amiga 1200, my old Dragon plus every playstation.

Helps if you have your own room!
From the tech you mention i assume that you are in your 40's - late 40's even. And then the last line, how would you not have your own room in your 40's? do you mean like a man cave or do you still live with your mum and dad but your siblings have moved out?

From the tech you mention i assume that you are in your 40's - late 40's even. And then the last line, how would you not have your own room in your 40's? do you mean like a man cave or do you still live with your mum and dad but your siblings have moved out?

Early 50's.

Own room as in...gaming/ record room that the missus is banned from.

Interesting reading through people's lists and seeing games that aren't on the usual what I call 'nerd lists' that you normally see on games websites, Reddit etc.

Thanks
Is it worth buying ?

From what I've played no. The start is so, so boring. The going is slow and the endless chatter whilst riding from place by horseback just zoned me out. Everything just takes ages to do as well from simple things like moving your character about, to having to ride annoyingly long distances between missions.

I did one combat mission and had a body count of people that would rival some battles. The AI were just fodder. I was hoping for a tense affair between about half a dozen enemies in the style of a Western style shootout but it was more of a massacre.

Would've sold it within a few days if I'd have bought it physically but I bought it digitally...

I'll go back to it one day but I certainly won't be replaying those first few hours.

From what I've played no. The start is so, so boring. The going is slow and the endless chatter whilst riding from place by horseback just zoned me out. Everything just takes ages to do as well from simple things like moving your character about, to having to ride annoyingly long distances between missions.

I did one combat mission and had a body count of people that would rival some battles. The AI were just fodder. I was hoping for a tense affair between about half a dozen enemies in the style of a Western style shootout but it was more of a massacre.

Would've sold it within a few days if I'd have bought it physically but I bought it digitally...

I'll go back to it one day but I certainly won't be replaying those first few hours.
That's the biggest complaint most people have with the game that it's too slow and everything to do with movement is very deliberate but I love that about this game.

Rockstar made this game where you absolutely take your time with it. I love the conversation you have with your gang members and other characters as it's actually telling you a story which very few games do now. The level of detail is astonishing and there's nothing better for me than to do a couple of main missions then just ride around the map just doing a bit of fishing or hunting or just bumping into strangers and hearing their stories. Played it on Sunday for 5 hours and did only one main mission!

I get it's not for everyone but as a mature gamer(I'm 44) it's almost perfect for me just to relax and take my time with it

If you just try to rush it or just skip the cut scenes or dialogue then your going to miss most of the game

My tastes over the years has changed though the one constant has been world of Warcraft I’ve sunk so many hours into it, although nowhere near what some people do. I always like to think I want o play the latest COD or battlefield but then I get on and I’m shit, reactions etc are crap, with 6 year olds beating me so I just get frustrated and bin it. This latest craze for last man standing is shit, I run round for 20 mins see no one then get shot. Things like Red Dead, Skyrim, Fallout etc are appealing but for me you have to play every day or forget what you’ve done and have to start again.
My first PC was a Dragon 32 with Chucky Egg but I loved playing on my mates Speccy 48, Manic Miner and jet set willy, then it was consoles SNES, Megadrive, N64, Xobix 360, PS3, PS4, Chuck in an Amiga 500 with speedball2, currently only using my PC for Warcraft now but I’ll no doubt get a next gen PS5 as I can use the 4k disc drive as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.