COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Spain they have an NIE that iis like a NI number but it duplicates as a unique tax number and appears on driving licence, health card etc. and is asked for in shops when purchasing anything above 5 or 6 hundred euros. Certainly all purchasers of say second homes in Spain need one irrespective of nationality and car purchase has a similar requirement.
Issued at main police stations and needs bank account details to be provided, again to prevent fraud etc..
Is there any evidence that countries with ID cards suffer less fraud/ID theft than those without?

South Korea tightens restrictions after spike in cases

Officials in South Korea have re-implemented lockdown measures in the metropolitan area of Seoul, home to half the country’s 52 million population, following the biggest spike in infections in nearly two months.

Museums, parks and art galleries will all be closed again from Friday for two weeks, said health minister Park Neung-hoo, while companies have been urged to reintroduce flexible working among other measures.

“We have decided to strengthen all quarantine measures in the metropolitan area for two weeks from tomorrow to June 14,” he said, reports the AFP news agency.

Residents of Seoul have also been advised to avoid social gatherings or going to crowded places, including restaurants and bars, while religious facilities have been asked to be extra vigilant with quarantine measures. There were no new delays, however, to the phased re-opening of schools that is currently underway.

“The next two weeks are crucial to prevent the spread of the infection in the metropolitan area,” Park said, adding: “We will have to return to social distancing if we fail.”

Restrictions had been lifted across the country on 6 May after the outbreak appeared to be brought under control. We have more on the latest cluster of

Can you imagine? Matt Hancock says to Preston last night with track and trace people could be in repeated lockdown if they come into contact. After this Cummings fiasco what percentage of the population will not
adhere to it?
A) 98%
B)99%
C)100%

We don’t really have any liberties to start with.

We have to get up most days a week to go to work (well we do when not in lockdown) to pay for food, shelter, health and safety... and we’re already taxed before we can even pay for any of that; just to make the economy of the country tick over and keep the richest people in society rich and get richer.

Liberty is doing whatever you like, but unless we have the money to pay for it we can’t do it.

Everytime we switch our phone, tablet, laptop, computer or tv viewing box on; we are being tracked and monitored. Everything we ever search for, anywhere we ever go and everything we ever watch is tracked and most likely stored on a database.

Anytime we use our debit or credit cards to pay for things, what we buy is recorded and likely stored in a database. Even if we use cash, we are clocked on CCTV buying whatever it is we’ve bought.

The only liberties we have is the free time we get in the evenings and weekends, as long as it doesn’t involve using any technology or buying anything. Even then we can’t stay out too late because we’ve got to be up for work the next day to keep getting those richest richer.

Sad, but true.

Very interesting.
I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories obviously this has been a dreadful pandemic which I have lost people that I knew.
That said their has been a lot of odd things happen, for example an unprecedented spell of nice weather for 2 months that hasn't been seen before for years now.
Coincidence or to do with better air quality?
I also think the government is now trying to control us even further and personally I worry that we wont be able to travel abroad ever again, go to football ever again or do a host of other things ever again.
Am I being ridiculous and paranoid?
Maybe but I can foresee some of this happening.

Your weather question is really fucking interesting.

South Korea tightens restrictions after spike in cases

Officials in South Korea have re-implemented lockdown measures in the metropolitan area of Seoul, home to half the country’s 52 million population, following the biggest spike in infections in nearly two months.

Museums, parks and art galleries will all be closed again from Friday for two weeks, said health minister Park Neung-hoo, while companies have been urged to reintroduce flexible working among other measures.

“We have decided to strengthen all quarantine measures in the metropolitan area for two weeks from tomorrow to June 14,” he said, reports the AFP news agency.

Residents of Seoul have also been advised to avoid social gatherings or going to crowded places, including restaurants and bars, while religious facilities have been asked to be extra vigilant with quarantine measures. There were no new delays, however, to the phased re-opening of schools that is currently underway.

“The next two weeks are crucial to prevent the spread of the infection in the metropolitan area,” Park said, adding: “We will have to return to social distancing if we fail.”

Restrictions had been lifted across the country on 6 May after the outbreak appeared to be brought under control. We have more on the latest cluster of

Quite concerning, especially given how adept the South Koreans have been in identifying transmission routes and the sophisticated mechanisms available to them to track and trace. They appear to think the new infections come via “...workplaces, crammed schools and karaoke rooms in the metropolitan area”. However, those words cover a myriad of places, so it should be a warning to all countries.

I spoke to someone in Wuhan yesterday and primary schools are still not open.

Is there any evidence that countries with ID cards suffer less fraud/ID theft than those without?
To be honest I dont know.
However I think it certainly makes the vendor record the identity on larger purchases.
I normally pay with a credit card but cash payments are treated exactly the same.
Because it is not possible to get an NIE without a bank account number ,(confusingly no bank account without an NIE as well), all large cash transactions are theoretically monitored but who knows.
Because I get money to Spain via say Transferwise for best rates I need to indicate source of such cash in UK eg Natwest so money traceable.
Tax treaty between Spain and Uk now means access by both countries to same data means tax payment is now checkable in both countries so especially in Spain things are tightening up.

Can you imagine? Matt Hancock says to Preston last night with track and trace people could be in repeated lockdown if they come into contact. After this Cummings fiasco what percentage of the population will not
adhere to it?
A) 98%
B)99%
C)100%

I'd be surprised if anybody does it now. Big fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.