UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never met you Tolmie, wouldn't know you if I walked past you in the street, but I'm going to tell you something..

Your posts invariably lead me to tumescence and for that I thank you. (as does my girlfriend although to be fair she thinks its weird that I "just have a quick look on blue moon" before performing my duties).
Bluemoon forum, helping blokes everywhere to rattle their girlfriends.
There should be some sort of recognition of this outstanding public service.

They are already bleeding out. I'm sure the Glazers will be able to rely on their out of town shopping centre footfall to fall back on - oh wait...

They have just taken another dividend from United, they know the cash isn't going to be on tap much longer.

The dilemma now is there will be nobody out there to buy it from them unless they are also Yanks - the rest of the world is already covered.

They might give the Saudi’s a bell and tell them how about buying United for a cut price fee of 3 billion ;).

Indeed, I'm just about to pay myself a six-month salary advance from my own bounce-back loan - they said I couldn't use it for dividends but there are always ways and means!
Sorry S. I should have included business sizes as well as sectors.
Cashflow is the saviour forget profit, good to see you still writing good stuff we all look forward to reading. I'm sure there is plenty of time for you to carry out your business plans once this CV is under control.its the same for everyone just ride it out as best we can then perhaps take advantage of the opportunities that change will bring.in the new normal.
Best to you and the family.

This is correct, it was only last week they stated during their terrible quarterly figures that they had £90m cash at bank and a £150m lending facility from Bank of America if they needed it.

In the space of just a week, they have been forced to draw down £140m of it. I know they are pissed that it has come out and media are speculating it is for transfers.

It's not - they need it to run the club - just as we are able to rely on £400m sat on deposit from the Silver Lake deal.

Difference being, that's our own money.
Spot on Tolm. Even Matt Slater was saying in the Athletic just last week that United were well insulated as they had £90m cash in the bank. What he failed to realise was that they had that at the end of March, not now. So far this financial year they've burned through an average £75m net cash each of the three quarters and that's with revenue coming in.

They could easily consume another £100m+ net cash this final quarter to the end of June plus there'll be instalments on transfers to pay. Looking at their March financial statements, those transfer liabilities alone were about £90m in the current financial period. So that £140m isn't to pay for new transfers, it's for the fees of their existing players.

Spot on Tolm. Even Matt Slater was saying in the Athletic just last week that United were well insulated as they had £90m cash in the bank. What he failed to realise was that they had that at the end of March, not now. So far this financial year they've burned through an average £75m net cash each of the three quarters and that's with revenue coming in.

They could easily consume another £100m+ net cash this final quarter to the end of June plus there'll be instalments on transfers to pay. Looking at their March financial statements, those transfer liabilities alone were about £90m in the current financial period. So that £140m isn't to pay for new transfers, it's for the fees of their existing players.
Ok so they’re in the red for cash or soon will be. What’s their options in you opinion, re-financing the debt? Selling other businesses?

Ok so they’re in the red for cash or soon will be. What’s their options in you opinion, re-financing the debt? Selling other businesses?

@Prestwich_Blue and others will know better than me but I think the Glazers already use United as equity on loans in other parts of their crumbling empire.

From a banking perspective United are already highly leveraged, its difficult to get a full financial picture - with the mystery of the Cayman Islands etc and whilst they have huge income - there is a view that their income it maxed out - certainly while the team is so shite that’s for sure. Despite their huge income their cost base looks a bit out of control - highest wage bill in the league for a team struggling to overtake Sheffield United - with so many big transfers being paid over the course of the contract and sky high wages they need to keep growing their income as a prerequisite of their business model but their income is going to fall sharply in the short term.

They'll have to increase their loans. That £140m is basically an overdraft they can dip into if needed. If we get the ban overturned and they don't get into the CL then it'll hurt them financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.