COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly in all the details of track and trace that have been published, I can find no details of personal geopositioning (I.e. mobile phone location) or bank/credit card usage. Now most of the latter is online at the moment, but as we open up it will become more important.
Without both being fed into the equation, I can't see that it's going to work.

Here's how track an trace will work in the UK:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/29/test-trace-track-uk-coronavirus/

And when the app is added to the mix:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2020/05/29/nhs-app-track-trace-uk-coronavirus/

Last edited:
Ha. Do you still think its conspiracy theory nonsense to suggest that this is a political decision, not a scientific one? Literal proof right here:

And Wales, Ireland and Scotland are also relaxing measures despite them being devolved. The problem you have is that everyone is calling for a relaxation but when it is suggested everyone then moans about it. For example look at the issue with quarantine and arrivals at airports. Everyone screaming why isn't it happening and when it's proposed everyone screaming it's unjust. In theory every decision is a political one despite the science behind it but some of what is spouted on Twitter, papers etc is mental i.e. 5G is too blame

Hmmm. This ain't good.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/sci...me-strategy-hiv-dodge-immune-response-chinese

Coronavirus uses same strategy as HIV to dodge immune response, Chinese study finds
  • Both viruses remove marker molecules on surface of an infected cell that are used to identify invaders, according to Chinese researchers
  • This commonality could mean Sars-CoV-2 may be around for some time, they say

Essentially, looks like this is likely to hang around and flare up again in people. Really bad in fact. Sars didn't do this, and its a notable difference.

Our current new case levels are 3 times the level of peak South Korea but wer'e deploying a lot of technology including the app (soon) and a lot of people at it. Here are two articles on how it works:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-into-a-virus-tracking-database-idUSKBN22Y03I

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...w-south-korea-flattened-its-coronavirus-curve

I can't see people will accept this who think other civil liberties are not trumped by the right NOT to get I'll and die. But that discussion is for the political thread.

Im no civil liberties type, Im an app developer and I have to say I woudn't touch this app with a barge pole. there is one 1 reason they didn't use the google/apple approach and that is down to wanting to harvest data. No real clarity about who can access the data, no clarity on restrictions in place around that data. and keeping it for 20 years? No thanks.

the google/apple solution was ready to go, quicker to develop, more secure and more private in general.

at best, I may use an old device I have with a payg sim and old a new anonymous email address.

I do think if it wasn't given to a team that had already abused data in such a horrific way then it woudn't be causing quite as big of a fuss. but too late for that.

Last edited:
Hmmm. This ain't good.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/sci...me-strategy-hiv-dodge-immune-response-chinese

Essentially, looks like this is likely to hang around and flare up again in people. Really bad in fact. Sars didn't do this, and its a notable difference.

Apparently this site is quite good at posting dodgy data. check back in a week or so and see it mentions about the papers being recinded.

I think this is the same site that posted an article saying the virus could linger and infect in the air many hours later and survive on sufaces for 5 days at 37%'c etc. that got recinded quickly, the site did report that which is a bonus to them.

Although I do recall from the early days of Dr Campbell videos he did say that this does hide from the immune system effecting white bloodcell production. so maybe the same thing.

The scientific data suggests we shouldn't be easing lockdown. But we're doing it anyway. That's ignoring scientific data.
... according to a sky journalist.
New daily cases under 2000 with many regions at much lower levels of infection seems ok as the time to start for me.

As I understand the contact tracing you get symptomatic, you notify and get sent a test in the post. You send it back and if tested positive you are then emailed or phoned to provide names, emails and phone numbers of people you remember being in contact with.

Stuff that!

You will get a phone call asking for the phone numbers and email addresses of your contacts!
Anyone trying that with me unverified will get a two word answer.
I don’t even talk to my bank when they call me, even when I know it’s them. I always tell them to put anything important in writing or if I think it may be critical I call the bank via another phone.
It will be a scammers paradise.

Im no civil liberties type, Im an app developer and I have to say I woudn't touch this app with a barge pole. there is one 1 reason they didn't use the google/apple approach and that is down to wanting to harvest data. No real clarity about who can access the data, no clarity on restrictions in place around that data. and keeping it for 20 years? No thanks.

the google/apple solution was ready to go, quicker to develop, more secure and more private in general.

at best, I may use an old device I have with a payg sim and old a new anonymous email address.

I do think if it wasn't given to a team that had already abused data in such a horrific way then it woudn't be causing quite as big of a fuss. but too late for that.
As at IT Architect for the last 20 years the data is going to be kept safe by Caldecott Guardians in the NHS/PHE .
Having dealt with Goigle as well as the NHS, I'd trust the NHS/PHE with my data more than I trust Google/Apple.

As I understand the contact tracing you get symptomatic, you notify and get sent a test in the post. You send it back and if tested positive you are then emailed or phoned to provide names, emails and phone numbers of people you remember being in contact with.

Stuff that!

You will get a phone call asking for the phone numbers and email addresses of your contacts!
Anyone trying that with me unverified will get a two word answer.
I don’t even talk to my bank when they call me, even when I know it’s them. I always tell them to put anything important in writing or if I think it may be critical I call the bank via another phone.
It will be a scammers paradise.
That is the issue for me: Scammers. How are they going to stop scammers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.