Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there you have it.

The ‘woe is me/ self pity City’ rhetoric.

Which all makes it impossible to have a rational discussion. The same way we’ve seen over the past 24 hours people refusing to countenance all the factors that contributed to that faithful night in Brussels.(The ‘fit for purpose’ ground like is still jaw dropping.).

It really is best left.
Sorry to take issue with you again, however you signed up to 're-educate' us on events in Brussels.

If we wouldn't understand how hard done to the city of Liverpool is because we aren't from there then inform us or

It's a bit rich to engage with us and then try to draw a line under topics because we don't agree with your rhetoric.

Not entirely sure what you were looking to achieve to be honest (especially starting off on such a subject)?

It’s also what the District Judge accused Steven Patrick Morrissey of when he was giving evidence. Ever since one of my mates at work has tried to get in his yearly performance assessment meeting!
To be 100% accurate, Judge Weeks accused dear old Moz of being, "Devious, truculent and unreliable". I'm sure @jimharri could elaborate further...

To be 100% accurate, Judge Weeks accused dear old Moz of being, "Devious, truculent and unreliable". I'm sure @jimharri could elaborate further...
giphy.gif

I’d just leave it mate.

A tawdry back and forth on the ills of respective fanbases, which is all those type of posts you responded to ever devolve into, does nobody any good.

Fair point but to prevent any further tawdry back and forth I can't think of any football match involving City that have resulted in murder, assaults, manslaughter or any death what so ever? Can you say that about your club? No you can't so yes let's leave it there.

I don’t think anybody commenting has tried to excuse or mitigate anything that went on that day. There were other factors involved, no doubt, but the overwhelming majority of the blame in the stadium was down to the Liverpool fans. That’s taken as read by every fan I know at least. Plus Liverpool and Juventus have worked for a long time to restore the relationship between the clubs, the Rush deal was a perfect example of that. The transfer was agreed early but Liverpool got to keep him until the end of the season. All parties working together and not two clubs who a couple of years previously were in a much different situation. It’s not as nuanced and as comprehensive a reply as it needs, but I think it shows that nobody was under any illusions about what happened that evening. There have been plenty of fan club type pilgrimages there too building bridges. It’s not perfect but nothing could be sadly.
Didn't the Juventus fans turn their backs to the pitch when some form of "relationship restoration" was taking place?

I must confess, that Judgment was my introduction to that word.
Morrissey "replied" to the judgement via "Sorrow Will Come to You in the End", a rather clumsy attempt to right the perceived wrongs of the case. His record label dropped the song from the UK release for fear of libel. It was however released on the US version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.