Summer Transfers

We need at minimum:

1 centre half - that is ready to immediately fit into the first team
a left sided pacey winger - again ready for the first team

IMHO we also need a left full back - but lots disagree

Marhez had a good season in what was our worst for a few seasons he cost us £60 million and is on high wages, but is still very much Sterling`s back up, if Sane would have been fit Marhez would not have got that much game time, and if we buy a good quality left winger he will not in the future, i do not believe Braaf is that far behind our back up right winger

Braaf is a Left Winger.

The attackers that Pep bought(their age at the time):

Nolito(29) <- Left after first year
Leroy(20)
Gabriel(19)
Bernardo(23)
Mahrez(27) / sanchez(29) <- thx man U

Why do you think he went after 1 old Attacker when the rest of them were brought in at 23 or under? Especially when we had 17 year old Sancho, and pep was chasing a 29 yr old Sanchez

Braaf is a Left Winger.

The attackers that Pep bought(their age at the time):

Nolito(29) <- Left after first year
Leroy(20)
Gabriel(19)
Bernardo(23)
Mahrez(27) / sanchez(29) <- thx man U

Why do you think he went after 1 old Attacker when the rest of them were brought in at 23 or under? Especially when we had 17 year old Sancho, and pep was chasing a 29 yr old Sanchez

Of that list only Sane and Marhez are wingers, Sancho left because he did not believe he would get game time behind Sane and Sterling, most people are going to hate me on my belief that Pep was going to replace Aguero with Sanchez, quite simply Sanchez was the far hard working player, Pep always said he loves midfielders

Of that list only Sane and Marhez are wingers, Sancho left because he did not believe he would get game time behind Sane and Sterling, most people are going to hate me on my belief that Pep was going to replace Aguero with Sanchez, quite simply Sanchez was the far hard working player, Pep always said he loves midfielders
He bought G Jesus as the Agüero replacement.

Nolito played 17 games as a LW and about 4 at ST.

Nolito was Sold and we started Chasing Sanchez in 2017. So Clearly pep wanted another Old Winger/Striker to replace Nolito.

Then in 2018 we got Mahrez instead when Sanchez went to United.

So by evidence of all of his attacking purchases bieng Under 23 years old, why did he want to have 1 old player in attack?

We spent 2 summers trying to replace a 29 yr old that barely played.
Nolito(29)-->Sanchez(29)-->Mahrez(27.5)

So why do you think Pep should replace Mahrez beside his "high wages"?
& How is Mahrez "Sterling's back-up"?

Last edited:
Koulibaly
Alaba
Semedo
Auoar
Ferran Torres

Would be nice?

Torres would be good but we havent even been linked to him have we?
Auoar -good player and the links seem strong but do we need him (ie that position?) - if its to replace Gundogan then fine
Alaba - pipe dream - no way Bayern would let him go to us with whats giong on with Sane etc - they are twats.
Semedo - dont really know - is he better than what we have - does Cancello really want to leave or is it all agent/media bullshit?
Koulibaly - will go to someone/somewhere else as we wont pay the money

When does the transfer window even open considering the league will re start soon (ish). Will they open the transfer window while the league/champs league is still going on - I doubt it. We could have a very short transfer window (4 weeks of August and thats it)

Auoar -good player and the links seem strong but do we need him (ie that position?) - if its to replace Gundogan then fine
Alaba - pipe dream - no way Bayern would let him go to us with whats giong on with Sane etc - they are twats.
Semedo - dont really know - is he better than what we have - does Cancello really want to leave or is it all agent/media bullshit?

When does the transfer window even open considering the league will re start soon (ish). Will they open the transfer window while the league/champs league is still going on - I doubt it. We could have a very short transfer window (4 weeks of August and thats it)

we were one of the first clubs linked to Torres mate and he’s top drawer imo. There’s enough smoke around cancelo from a number of journalists that he wants out as he hasn’t settled. Auoar imo will be one of the first in as I think that deal will possibly even be sorted! Alaba is a pipe dream no doubt but we need a top LB and his advantage is being able to play CB as well?

Mid August after C/L think we may break for 4 weeks and have a window then, suppose deals can be agreed ready for then though.

Theo Hernandéz
Koulibaly
Leon Bailey
Pau Torres (if Bournemouth get relegated we should go for Aké)

These are four players that would solve glaring holes in our squad and replace outgoing players like Angelino, Otamendi, Sané and provide depth. Koulibaly is the level of CB we need to challenge Liverpool next season, his age also means that he won't be in the way of E. Garcia, THB and Tosin in the future

Then there are two players I could see us getting, but it's dependent on potential outgoings:
Aouar if Gundogan were to leave, and Atal if Cancelo were to leave. Both are younger versions of the player they're replacing, which fits our ideology of buying younger players rather than finished products.

Then of course youngsters like E. Garcia, THB, Braaf (if he sorts out his attitude), Couto and Doyle that should get their chances to leave their mark on the first team. Eric Garcia, for example, has already shown that he's first team quality. Then I'd like to send out Tosin on loan to a bottom half PL club and then evaluate him after that, because he's got all the raw tools needed to become a top CB. I also like the look of Morgan Rogers, he's got some very interesting qualities and huge potential, but he probably need another year in the U23 first

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.