UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a bit strange, as there is nowhere else to take the case brought as far as I know.
Any Swiss Court action would be on broader grounds than the particular charges, as far as I can tell.
Yes, I think we can only appeal if we feel that due process hasn’t been followed, or a lack of jurisdiction, as far as I’m aware.

Yeah, the notion that we’re going to bring the whole organisation crashing to the ground seems a bit far fetched. Overturning the ban is the sole aim here.
UEFA will eventually bring themselves crashing down due to their sell out to G14.

Yeah, the notion that we’re going to bring the whole organisation crashing to the ground seems a bit far fetched. Overturning the ban is the sole aim here.

If they lose, UEFA are in pretty big trouble. I don't know what form bringing the organisation down is supposed to take, but I can definitely see a lot of people and clubs getting disillusioned entirely with FFP, the administrators at UEFA and their procedures if we walk away with no punishment. The ever increasing financial dominance of the Premier League is only going to increase the pressure from other countries too.

I wouldn't be that surprised if we eventually saw something akin to what happened with rugby union 6 years ago. The top clubs got fed up with the way it was being run, so just quit and formed a new, virtually identical, corporation with slightly altered rules and financial distribution.

I’m not sure we will bring them crashing down but we might cause them some local difficulty!

If they lose, UEFA are in pretty big trouble. I don't know what form bringing the organisation down is supposed to take, but I can definitely see a lot of people and clubs getting disillusioned with FFP, the administrators at UEFA and their procedures if we walk away with no punishment.

I wouldn't be that surprised if we saw something akin to what happened with rugby union 6 years ago. The top clubs got fed up with the way it was being run, so just quit and formed a new, virtually identical, corporation with slightly altered rules and financial distribution.
I think that will happen regardless of what happens at the CAS.

I think that will happen regardless of what happens at the CAS.

It's probably on the horizon but us winning will bring it closer. It also might change quite how badly the reshuffle effects UEFA - whether the clubs just demand new rules and more money, or the ECA break off entirely with their own competitions and cut out UEFA as a middle man.

It's probably on the horizon but us winning will bring it closer. It also might change quite how badly the reshuffle effects UEFA - whether the clubs just demand new rules and more money, or the ECA break off entirely with their own competitions and cut out UEFA as a middle man.
Not really sure how UEFA could be held culpable by those clubs if we were to win at CAS. They would surely argue that they did everything they could to punish us.

Not really sure how UEFA could be held culpable by those clubs if we were to win at CAS. They would surely argue that they did everything they could to punish us.

Goes one of two ways for me. Either we get our noses in the trough, clear out a few of our more troublesome if not most influential foes and move on from there, or the status quo claim and drive the media agenda that UEFA aren't fit for purpose as they couldn't punish City properly, and draw up their Agnelli League with new financial regulations and invitations to participate.

Ceferin's links with Agnelli are the thing that make me most uncertain on how this could play out afterwards, it's hard to see anything in our favour given those ties.

It is probable that because they never considered it they then never passed it to the AC for consideration in their judgement. You have to remember the IC were tunning out of time to charge City and if City were entitled to present it it may have gone over the 5 year deadline. So it is my understanding the AC never even saw Citys dossier. Not a bad thing in my view.
Bingo, this is what I’ve said all along the club presented a 200 page document then stated that it was never considered by the IC in their haste to charge City due to the 5 year rule. There is also considerable doubt has to when the 5 years actually started, so the deadline may well have been missed. If the IC didn’t consider the document then it doubtful the AC did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.