Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they gone? This feels like when you’ve got hiccups and you’ve just took the biggest breath ever to get rid of them...................
One of them will reply to a post from three weeks ago soon. Then log off, log in as the other and like the post. As sure as Hancock will lie sometime this week again.

One of them did say something that got me thinking yesterday though. It was something about when we started to despise them.

This got me tracing back my relationship with that club over the years.

My older brother is a rag. He used to insist on playing subbuteo with United’s white away kit. Playing as City against United in white seemed odd to young citykev, so I used to play as Liverpool.

My Irish Grandad liked them and I wanted them to do well for him. However, something had changed by the time they played Arsenal in the famous Michael Thomas game because I desperately wanted Arsenal to win. I don’t really remember why my feelings changed. Maybe because others around me didn’t like them. I went to school with a load of reds.

Obviously over the years, I’ve witnessed first hand the antics of their fans, the actions of the club and wherever you go in the country - there’s a load of them who have no connection whatsoever with Liverpool but claim to be staunch supporters.

I reckon I can honestly say today that if they faced each other in a Champions League final, I’d see United as the lesser of two evils and would probably prefer them to win.
It was round about then with me too. Despite Heysel I can remember not really hating them after that and even when they gave us the obligatory home battering in the FA Cup QF in 88 that i was mad up for i wasn't foaming at the mouth but like you, by the time they played the Arsenal game I was praying for Arsenal to win it. I think i was already pissed off by the media back then, they kept saying that the whole country want Liverpool to win it because of Hillsborough yet nobody i knew wanted em to win it. I was ecstatic when Palace beat em in the semi around that time too.

Over the next 2 decades hatred of Ferguson and the rags increased every fucking year so my feelings for the dippers were diluted by their irrelevance I suppose but the constant whining and creeping sanctimony of their fans year after year still rankled.

Right now I probably hate United as a club more but i can honestly say i hate the dippers fans more than I've ever hated rags even with all the mockery and that banner etc.

Can you think of any Liverpool players last or present who haven’t been thunder****s? I’m on 3.
Out of the current squad, Alisson, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wijnaldum seem alright. Can't stand most of the others though.

What areas do you city fans think pep needs to improve for your club to bridge the gap next season. Genuine question the obvious areas are central defence and full backs.

One of them did say something that got me thinking yesterday though. It was something about when we started to despise them.

This got me tracing back my relationship with that club over the years.

My older brother is a rag. He used to insist on playing subbuteo with United’s white away kit. Playing as City against United in white seemed odd to young citykev, so I used to play as Liverpool.

My Irish Grandad liked them and I wanted them to do well for him. However, something had changed by the time they played Arsenal in the famous Michael Thomas game because I desperately wanted Arsenal to win. I don’t really remember why my feelings changed. Maybe because others around me didn’t like them. I went to school with a load of reds.

Obviously over the years, I’ve witnessed first hand the antics of their fans, the actions of the club and wherever you go in the country - there’s a load of them who have no connection whatsoever with Liverpool but claim to be staunch supporters.

I reckon I can honestly say today that if they faced each other in a Champions League final, I’d see United as the lesser of two evils and would probably prefer them to win.
I feel your pain... my brother is a rag. Being 7 years older than me he always managed to beat me at Subbuteo as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.