Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
"off the back of 3 defeats from the previous 4 games, was a real testament to the ridiculous mentality within that group and a refusal to not get beat."

I'll try again as I think I had a post deleted? How does does that work then, the bold bit above? Three defeats commented on and forgotten by the end of a sentence. Utter tripe the lot of it.

It’s not my post but I think he means the 2-1 win mentioned in the same sentence was testament to them digging into their reserves and pulling out a win when really needed, ie after three defeats in four, for spirit. If you’d included ‘...and dug out a massive 2-1 win, all’ at the start of your quote, it has a completely different context. That’s the real point, I think.

If Werner is getting upward of 200k a week and Salah,VVD,Mane etc are on nearer 150\180 it could rapidly destabilise a happy camp.

I’d hazard a guess that front three couldn’t give a fuck about Liverpool when the big moves come in. Suarez, Coutinho and Raheem Sterling say hi.

Liverpool's biggest issue is coming down the road in a couple years.

Mane, Salah and Firmino all getting closer to 30+ and they're gonna need a big signing or two to plug the gap they'll leave behind. Getting someone like Werner in this season and selling one of those next summer to reinvest would've been the way. Can't f**king wait to watch them fall apart when nobody wants a 30 year old Bob Firmino as they realise nobody wants a striker on plus 200k pw who can barely grab 20 goals a season because he tracks back a bit. Load of ****s

I’d hazard a guess that front three couldn’t give a fuck about Liverpool when the big moves come in. Suarez, Coutinho and Raheem Sterling say hi.

That’s the nature of football though, it’s a largely transient profession. Good players come and go, but sometimes you can say that you saw them at their very best. Torres is a great example of that for us.

I’d hazard a guess that in the current climate not many clubs would be willing to match, never mind better, those contracts. The footballing milieu has changed hugely as a result of the pandemic.

That's funny.

Because it’s true? We ship a lad out for £142m and the next thing two other lads walk in at a cost of £141m. The fact that the club even sanctioned something like that at the time surprised every Red I know. Nobody expected them to do that, we were half expecting another Lambert/Balotelli shitshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.