Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Just back from 3 nights wild camping in a copse at the foothills of the Pennines. I was pleasantly woken up about 4am by the dawn chorus around me. Had a brew and sat there taking it all in amongst nature's wild garden, bliss.

Seen plenty of common birds, lots of tits a couple of curlews, a pied wagtail, chaffinch, nuthatch, yellowhammer. I'm no twitcher but understand why some are. May get a decent pair of binoculars and a decent pocket bird book. I feel as though my ornithology knowledge should be better than it is.

Garden update

Four baby badgers now, the two slightly older ones are now a bit braver,one is a stocky bruiser who comes right out pushing the adults away to get food and protects it for dear live,he is shaping up to take over from one the same last year,that one still nicks everyone else's food and won't give it up,just as well the group don't really fight over the food,i make sure everyone gets much the same

The two youngest are still sticking to the safety of the shed and holly Bush that comes down and gives them cover,their mum is talking gently to them and taking them food

Fox is still braving it and nicking some of their food,did you know a fox can pick up five pieces of bread in one go without dropping any,fun fact of the day

Sadly I don't have silva anymore to sit in the window ,stick her head out and smell their scents and vice versa,i miss that nightly routine as well as every other min she is not here with me

Nature rolls on

IMG-8829.jpg

Outside of the window I feed the badgers through there is like old metal ladder thing,it is not unusual for one of the smaller females to climb up to make sure she gets her piece of bread,i could literally put it in her mouth it is so close

Just now I opened the curtains and the window and said come on badgies,there right at the top of it is ballsy baby,it didn't flinch just looked at me I think saying where is my dinner then,i put it a couple of inches away from it as even babies have wacking great claws,it took it gently then bolted off with,it,it is only a couple of months old

I don't normally give them names and I don't know if it is male or female but I think it has earned the name zaba

I turned around to tell silva......

Last edited:
Outside of the window I feed the badgers through there is like old metal ladder thing,it is not unusual for one of the smaller females to climb up to make sure she gets her piece of bread,i could literally put it in her mouth it is so close

Just now I opened the curtains and the window and said come on badgies,there right at the top of it is ballsy baby,it didn't flinch just looked at me I think saying where is my dinner then,i put it a couple of inches away from it as even babies have wacking great claws,it took it gently then bolted off with,it,it is only a couple of months old

I don't normally give them names and I don't know if it is make it female but I think it has earned the name zaba

I turned around to tell silva......

And still no vids.... sort it out Karen

Something is up in the garden tonite

The badgies eat at the top by the window then some go a couple of feet away and under the berry Bush that covers the shed,which it is safe for the babies,one young female that helps the mums by taking food to them by the shed,she never eats till the the females and cubs have enough, males and the foxes like it chucked down the garden a bit

Well tonite,none of them are eating to this end of garden,i can see two females and they are both picking up bread and taking it behind the furthest end of the shed,that means I won't see them

This has never happened before,perhaps they are scared by the bawling i am doing at the moment or they have been given a fright earlier on,there is a dog next door

This is not on badgies,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.