#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time has come for Phil to start, this is the perfect situation for him to get some serious game time under his belt.

I know we all love Dave & want see him as much as possible before he goes but in the Premier League, I hope Phil gets more minutes than Dave does between now & the end of the season as it's time to look to the future.

Has to be starting every other game in our upcoming schedule. No excuse with the volume of games.

Our 3 upcoming games against Burnley, Newcastle and Southampton are perfect for him and will allow Pep to properly rotate.

I'll be miffed if Pep doesn't use this opportunity to properly bed him in as a regular with Silva only a couple of months from leaving.

Last edited:
He know's where the net is, which is a great thing. The timings of his runs and awareness are fantastic - we need to see him on the pitch more

he is a mix of Silva and KDB - the way he moves forward witht he ball at pace is fantastic, his ability to ride challenges as well

The one thing he has over D.Silva (who i believe ie the best player to EVER lay for city) is his instinct for a goal and his shooting ability

He know's where the net is, which is a great thing.

Think it's one of the main aspects of his game that people (mainly outside our fanbase) are going to be really surprised by when he gets going. He's a goalscorer, not just a playmaker - inside and out of the box he's a massive threat.

When he's playing regularly I wouldn't be surprised to see him rack up 15+ goal seasons.

I bet he can take a decent penalty too, which would be a big bonus.

Think it's one of the main aspects of his game that people (mainly outside our fanbase) are going to be really surprised by when he gets going. He's a goalscorer, not just a playmaker - inside and out of the box he's a massive threat.

When he's playing regularly I wouldn't be surprised to see him rack up 15+ goal seasons.

I bet he can take a decent penalty too, which would be a big bonus.

Whenever he's on the ball or approaching the box you just get the feeling that he's going to make something happen rather than simply facilitating others. Kev is the only other midfielder we've got right now who gives me that feeling.

I may have been seeing things but he looked Taller, stronger & faster. When he came on he made his presence felt,always looking for the ball & finished off with a goal. I'm sure he will get plenty of minutes over the remaining games & next season he will be a shoe in for starting many games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.