Arsenal (h) post-match thread

On reflection a very good performance, a slightly frenetic opening where Arsenals young guns where full of running & endeavour, Mikel set them up exactly how any team Who’ve ever stolen a point or three at the Etihad, strong performances from both full backs who offered plenty of width, Gundy was very busy & industrious in midfield, some great interchanging around their box, 12 of the 20 attempts on target was a big plus, unlike Arsenals I thought all our subs got to the pace of the game, especially Phil, thought we responded well to the loose ball & cant recall anyone pulling out of a 50-50/40-60 despite some saying it felt like a pre season/friendly game. I started the game sat back on my sofa, and after 5 minutes my son pointed out that I’d crept to my usual spot on the edge of my seat, shouting at the ref!.....final note, KDB as we all know is some player, we are truly blessed, he seemed to get pee’d off with the ref after 20 minutes and the quality of the game itself, and single handedly dragged the game back to premier league quality (pre-covid) quite simply the best midfielder in the world

Watched on Skygo thanks to my lad. Headphones on with crowd noise and I really enjoyed. Winning of course helps. The only downside was those 2 twats Neville and Tyler talking incessant bollocks throughout.

At one point when Kev was substituted I actually thought the crowd was there cheering him off !
There was definitely sympathetic clapping audio when Garcia was carried off. I was paying close attention.

Under strange & uncertain circumstances it was a good, sharp & professional performance.

Only Jesus looked slightly undercooked,everyone else looked in good condition.

It was encouraging to see Ben Mendy & Eric Laporte look fit,sharp & confident, they could be like two new signings.

KDB,Raz & Gundog were 9/10, the other 13 were twixt 7 & 8.

A great effort from everyone involved.
I have Merlin down as the one who looked the least sharp. As you say though pretty much all of them looked a lot fitter and sharper which surprised me a lot.
Arsenal's fittness levels were nowhere near ours, and after watching euro footy these last few weeks, very few others are.

Found out they had extended my NowTV sub to August so turned on for first 10 minutes, got bored and tuned in again when Foden came on.
Thought he was excellent during the time he was on. De Bruyne must have had a wonder game to get MOTM ahead of him.
On the whole it was dire, truly dire. Fake crowd noise (surely nobody seriously used this), water breaks, spit and his brolly - No thanks.
Make your fucking mind up.

#ManCity vs Arsenal was the most-watched #PL game in almost three-and-a-half years, with an estimated 2.6million people watching the game live on Sky Sports. [via
@MailSport

Fantastic news. Should satisfy our sponsors to know that they will still be getting the exposure they expect for their cash. Last thing we need is our commercial arm suffering too much with no matchday or hospitality revenue being generated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.