Is this the worst Mancunian accent ever ??

I had some Jaguar trainers from Wyndsor's or a shop that sounds summat like that, and was bullied fo not having Nike or Adidas. So, I had a top sports car range on my feet, in jet black, that cost a tenner, and lasted 2 years... but couldn't have Air Max. Yeah, people have strange priorities. Gimme wear and tear over a name.

Scallies were always head to toe in Nike when I lived in Manchester. I’m in London at the moment and all the chavs wear Ralph Lauren polos. I guess the mentality is to try and be seen looking like you’ve got a couple of quid. That you’re successful.

Scallies were always head to toe in Nike when I lived in Manchester. I’m in London at the moment and all the chavs wear Ralph Lauren polos. I guess the mentality is to try and be seen looking like you’ve got a couple of quid. That you’re successful.

There’s also definitely a mentality of oneupmanship if you get me? It was the same when I was younger, your mate might have had Munchens but somebody else had the green ones that were the grail. Plus there used to be the thrill of getting labels that other people didn’t know of or they’d heard of them but didn’t know where to get them. The problem that the young team have these days is that it’s based on price alone. Nobody right thinking would spunk £2k on some of those Balenciaga efforts etc but it’s all about the big I am for a lot of these dickheads.

There’s also definitely a mentality of oneupmanship if you get me? It was the same when I was younger, your mate might have had Munchens but somebody else had the green ones that were the grail. Plus there used to be the thrill of getting labels that other people didn’t know of or they’d heard of them but didn’t know where to get them. The problem that the young team have these days is that it’s based on price alone. Nobody right thinking would spunk £2k on some of those Balenciaga efforts etc but it’s all about the big I am for a lot of these dickheads.
That's it I'm chucking anything I own with RL on ......gotta buy a bucket hat.....look proper soffiss.

Young team? Is that a Glasgow term?

That's it I'm chucking anything I own with RL on ......gotta buy a bucket hat.....look proper soffiss.

Young team? Is that a Glasgow term?

I’m not sure what the reference to a bucket hat is?

No idea about the latter, I live in Merseyside.

Mods apologies if already covered but I couldn`t see anything.
This must go down as the most embarrassing City Video ever covered in The Fourmidables.Quite a good video until you hear this fucking false Mancunian accent.Is this the same one thats covered on match day on the large screens ?
My ears are now bleeding after listening to that screeching shit.Whoever produced this masterclass needs to go and get his fucking ears shringed.
And ... breath slowly Oakie.
What’s fake about it?

Sounds about as authentic a Manc accent as it’s possible to hear, other than when he says “our” and pronounces it “ower”.

Never really hear people using that pronunciation day to day, but on voiceovers like this, it seems to be the norm, probably the director asking him to pronounce it that way for emphasis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.