Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chilwell personifies the mediocrity we have settled for in the last 5 years.
See I think that’s the problem for me
A lot on here would rather get someone they haven’t seen like mendy or cancelo
Because they are supposed to be good
We need a solid left back who can go forward and backward
Chillwell is a massive step up from what we have
He isn’t the greatest player but he won’t have to be
Robertson and Trent aa can’t defend that well but they can attack very well and can run around putting pressure on which prevents the need for defending
We just invite it on with our mistakes

I like the look of Gaya at Valencia. Looks very fast, very scrappy and a great dribbler. Have only watched a few videos mind.

He's no better than Mendy.

Who are the best left backs in the world right now? We just need to start with the best and go down that list to the best who would be available and buy them. Cost, personality, nationality all irrelevant, just get the best available. Pretty sure Chilwell isn't very near the top of that list.
I just googled best left backs in the world.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....rcelo-alex-sandro-andrew-robertson-jordi-alba
Chilwell rated as number 9 which shows the lack of quality left backs.
Presume the dortmund one would be easiest to get - and it says he used to be a midfielder so likely to be good on the ball.
Can't say I've ever watched him to know how good he is

See I think that’s the problem for me
A lot on here would rather get someone they haven’t seen like mendy or cancelo
Because they are supposed to be good
We need a solid left back who can go forward and backward
Chillwell is a massive step up from what we have
He isn’t the greatest player but he won’t have to be
Robertson and Trent aa can’t defend that well but they can attack very well and can run around putting pressure on which prevents the need for defending
We just invite it on with our mistakes

I rate Zinchenko better, but why not just cut out the middle man when they sell Chilwell for £50 million pus, they are going to buy Tsimikas for £12million plus he is faster more determined better crosser and passer, plays like Tierney , who we should have bought but without the injuries

If We are in for him and pay anything more than 30m in today’s climate it be a joke play Zinchenko there first

I like the look of Gaya at Valencia. Looks very fast, very scrappy and a great dribbler. Have only watched a few videos mind.

Gaya's release clause is 100 million euro's. Even Chilwell would be cheaper.

And anyone on here saying Zinchenko is better than x player needs to wobble their head. He is atrocious at defending and is next to useless in attack.

Gaya's release clause is 100 million euro's. Even Chilwell would be cheaper.

And anyone on here saying Zinchenko is better than x player needs to wobble their head. He is atrocious at defending and is next to useless in attack.
and yet he has the better record for win and possession, i do not think it is accidental that the defense looks more solid when he plays or the attack has more imagination, i have watched Chilwell enough to know that he just makes up numbers in defense and in attack he is irrelevant as they play the counter with Vardy

Wasn't this why we set up an Academy...
Our EDS team ie the u23`s are full of teenagers who have never played a league game, we have bought nobody to fill the u23 spots where we know we are under performing in the first team squad so there is a massive gap, as far as i know we are the only club doing this

Honestly what we need at LB is a couple of Zabaleta types. Not overly arsed about all the fancy going forwards, we've got plenty of midfielders and attackers to give us that edge. We need someone who is comfortable supporting the LW and who can defend with hunger and pride for the club. Yeah don't get me wrong Andy Robertson gets double digit assists and all, but how many assists do their midfield get compared to ours? Just a bloody good defender who's good supporting the attack when needed. Can't be that hard right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.