Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I don't get that. Yes when I was 16/17 (in 1974-5) I was chased up hill and down some back streets by Everton fans, it was the good old days of hooligans and violence. Fast forward to this year, me and my mate walked with a Everton fans until we got to a boozer before the match, inside we enjoyed a drink with other knowledgeable, decent Everton fans. Afterwards, despite the fact we won, I did not see any trouble and had no fear about walking away from the ground. The year before I went to Everton on my own without any issues.
There is no way I would have done that with li'pool fans. I do not blow smoke up anyone's arse just because they hate li'pool or the rags and once that gobshite Moyes left and the poison stopped everything went back to how it was.

More "knowledgeable" scousers mate?

They really do seem to be fucking everywhere.

Think it's about £1.7 billion, we've wasted a lot of money the past few seasons. But hey, 1.7/4 is a better return than 1.5/1.
Yep and we did most of our spending/catching up, at a time where the prices in the transfer market were already way out of control. That was done by clubs like Chelsea, United, Real, Juventus rather than City. I'm sure we'd have loved to have spent less to get those players in, but the market is what it is. There are players like Bony and Mangala but every club has those transfers, Liverpool's Bony was Benteke, in fact he was an even more costly mistake for them.

That's a point that gets lost on most rival fans, paying the going rate isn't inflating the market much, those players weren't going to be sold for any cheaper. They moaned about the Aguero fee but City paid less than Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll half a year after they bought him. Net spend isn't even relevant when you're talking about market inflation.

Last edited:
Yep, Steaua won the European cup in 86, beat Barca in the final.

Who knows, we may have got knocked out in the first round by some team from Malta but I reckon that Everton side would have given it a good go, we'd already won the Cup winners cup in 85.

We should have competed in the CWC again in 87, European Cup in 88 and the UEFA in 89. That's when we started losing players who wanted European football. Trevor Steven to Rangers, Lineker to Barcelona. You can't dwell on the past but it's difficult not to with these sh*thouses.

BX_HdM5CEAAEhSL.jpg
Now then, now then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.