Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
A truly scary picture on so many fronts. To think this man was integral in my generation's entertainment.
YNFA - You never f*n*le alone (apologies if anyone is offended).

Fucking Saville, my mate wrote him a letter for something I can't even remember. Good old Beeb covered up his shenanigans but that was swept under the carpet, the same Beeb that glorified Catona's kung Fu kick anniversary, yes the assault. Now they're getting commentators not mention if a black player is strong or pacey. What happens if Sterling or Bergwijn run fast? Are they going to say it never happened?

Everton fan here, in peace of course.

Long time listener, first time caller.

Seeing the footage of those idiots on Friday night had my blood boiling, attacking police and firing rockets at the listed and most iconic of buildings in Liverpool, the Liver Building. The latest in a long list of embarrassing displays by the self proclaimed best fans in the world. As somebody on here already said, if that had been City, United or Everton, the media would have gone to town with the story for days. The fact that it's already almost forgotten and whitewashed over, speaks volumes. Some media outlets reported the rocket as one stray firework despite footage from various sources showing deliberately aimed rockets by various different people.

Some of their fans are using the excuse that the Liver building being lit up in blue was asking for trouble. like that justifies it. The building was actually lit up in red, white and blue to commemorate National forces day, even so, why would you try to damage one of the most prized buildings in the city?

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is don't tar all us scousers with the same brush, we're not all like that, especially Evertonians, I remember Everton playing Rapid Vienna in Rotterdam in 85 in the Cup Winners Cup final, 30000+ Evertonians and only 1 arrest! the following week was Heysel, and we all know what happened there. The European ban on all English clubs arguably affected Everton more than any other club, we were champions that year with our best ever side.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, for what that's worth.
We got screwed out of two UEFA cups too and the likes of Hoddle and Waddle left for European football. It really fucked us over. Bloody Chelsea fans

They make an apology and hey everything's alright. Apologise for Heysel, apologise for smashing our bus up, apologise for wrecking their own City and attacking their own police. Maybe their police will stop turning a blind eye now to their vile behaviour and do their jobs. Appease the bully and eventually he turns on you.

They make an apology and hey everything's alright. Apologise for Heysel, apologise for smashing our bus up, apologise for wrecking their own City and attacking their own police. Maybe their police will stop turning a blind eye now to their vile behaviour and do their jobs. Appease the bully and eventually he turns on you.

The police have arrested one person, out of thousands, who fired a rocket at the liver building. As far as I'm aware, they haven't arrested one person out of thousands who attacked our team bus despite loads of social media videos.

I'm a huge supporter of our emergency services, but how can this be true?

Yep and we did most of our spending/catching up, at a time where the prices in the transfer market were already way out of control. That was done by clubs like Chelsea, United, Real, Juventus rather than City. I'm sure we'd have loved to have spent less to get those players in, but the market is what it is. There are players like Bony and Mangala but every club has those transfers, Liverpool's Bony was Benteke, in fact he was an even more costly mistake for them.

That's a point that gets lost on most rival fans, paying the going rate isn't inflating the market much, those players weren't going to be sold for any cheaper. They moaned about the Aguero fee but City paid less than Liverpool paid for Andy Carroll half a year after they bought him. Net spend isn't even relevant when you're talking about market inflation.

I don't how they did it but they got back most of the money when they sold Benteke to Palace.

Do we really think anything will happen to LFC? I dont. Every man and his dog knew this would happen. Lfc get away with it all the time , after the coach welcome and message Merseyside police sent out that they couldnt anyone after 3 yrs of looking, just sent a green light to LFC fans to carry on.

Have lfc made a donation for the clear up after their fans or has it been left to all liverpudlians to pay for it ?

Do we really think anything will happen to LFC? I dont. Every man and his dog knew this would happen. Lfc get away with it all the time , after the coach welcome and message Merseyside police sent out that they couldnt anyone after 3 yrs of looking, just sent a green light to LFC fans to carry on.

Have lfc made a donation for the clear up after their fans or has it been left to all liverpudlians to pay for it ?

Perhaps that's why they wanted to furlough their staff so that they'd be ready to cover up the inevitable transgressions/crimes of their support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.