Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Kev had it right last night post-game when he said; “without the fans, I don’t enjoy playing like this, but I am a professional and I have to do my job”.

I feel the same about watching the games. I don’t enjoy it. I barely flinch when we score. Just a nod of my head and say a small “nice one”. And I’ve only watched City because it’s something to do to fill some time rather than it being something I’ve looked forward to. I’ve not bothered with any other games at all.

I find it quite frankly, shit! Everything should have just been cancelled. I don’t care about any of it. We win we draw we lose, who cares? We may win or lose the FA Cup and Champions League, who cares?

Last edited by a moderator:
The mass crowds will test the second spike theory. There might well be higher levels of immunity in cities than previously thought and we might get away with it but for anyone that has followed advice and government, scientific advice over the past 13 weeks, the scenes we are witnessing must be sickening. I know some friends with loved ones waiting hospital treatment that are seriously losing their shit over the state of civil disobedience.
The scenes from Liverpool was entirely predictable, despite denials from the club and the Premier League. If you were to believe the advice being given about this pandemic and the measures required to eradicate it, football should have been cancelled. Null and void or work out titles and promotions on a ppg basis, across all leagues. What we have seen as a result of Liverpool winning the title ,( and they were always going to win it ) was and continues to be an absolute disgrace and quite simply a piss take out of key workers and the other half of Merseyside. Entirely predictable . Every news and media report fawning over this title win just makes it worse. I know there are genuine Liverpool fans out there that are getting upset about what they are seeing, i've unfollowed at least 10 friends on FB due to the pisstaking ! My concerns have been shown to be valid.
What the last few weeks have shown, i guess more a political comment, is that the police are completely powerless or unwilling to control large crowds , parties, beach gatherings, football, protests, raves - do what you want, the trend has been set for the summer
The moment thousands went out marching for Black Lives Matter and nothing happening to stop them or to punish them for breaking COVID restriction laws, it gave a green light to Liverpool fans to celebrate like they did last week.

I’m not defending Liverpool fans, as anyone who’s been out in crowds during this pandemic is simply a selfish ****: beach and park visitors, motorway traffic congestors, street and house partiers, BLM protestors, the daft wankers out the week after in retaliation to BLM, Liverpool fans out celebrating the title win...

I agree football should have been cancelled but Liverpool fans are just one group in a long string of the country’s most stupid ****s who think they’re above a pandemic, above giving the NHS the best chance to fight this virus, above giving vulnerable people the best chance to avoid this virus, above the law...

Shame on all of them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kev had it right last night post-game when he said; “without the fans, I don’t enjoy playing like this, but I am a professional and I have to do my job”.

I feel the same about watching the games. I don’t enjoy it. I barely flinch when we score. Just a nod of my head and say a small “nice one”. And I’ve only watched City because it’s something to do to fill some time rather than it being something I’ve looked forward to. I’ve not bothered with any other games at all.

I find it quite frankly, shit! Everything should have just been cancelled. I don’t care about any of it. We win we draw we lose, who cares? We may win or lose the FA Cup and Champions League, who cares?
Totally agree, got to say I don't care if we win or loose in this period, the first time in my life I have every felt that way.

Sport without spectators does not work, it's sterile and emotionless.

The moment thousands went out marching for Black Lives Matter and nothing happening to stop them or to punish them for breaking COVID restriction laws, it gave a green light to Liverpool fans to celebrate like they did last week.

I’m not defending Liverpool fans, as anyone who’s been out in crowds during this pandemic is simply a selfish ****: beach and park visitors, motorway traffic congestors, street and house partiers, BLM protestors, the daft wankers out the week after in retaliation to BLM, Liverpool fans out celebrating the title win...

I agree football should have been cancelled but Liverpool fans are just one group in a long string of the country’s most stupid ****s who think they’re above a pandemic, above giving the NHS the best chance to fight this virus, above giving vulnerable people the best chance to avoid this virus, above the law...

Shame on all of them!
Agree with everything you've said .

Some phenomenal goals in La Liga.

Premier Sports have goal highlights on their twitter account including a beautiful back-heel assist by Benzema but this is perhaps the best of the bunch.

We have now seen that Leicester is in a total lockdown. How much longer will it be before we get another town/city in another total lockdown. now that we have one another one will not be far behind. I suggest that should that be Manchester. This is because of those idiots from Liverpool decided to come down to Manchester to try and break into the Etithad Complex to see the game. The mayor of Manchester should send the bill of the extra cost of this lockdown to his counterpart at Liverpool.

We have now seen that Leicester is in a total lockdown. How much longer will it be before we get another town/city in another total lockdown. now that we have one another one will not be far behind. I suggest that should that be Manchester. This is because of those idiots from Liverpool decided to come down to Manchester to try and break into the Etithad Complex to see the game. The mayor of Manchester should send the bill of the extra cost of this lockdown to his counterpart at Liverpool.
Another OTT post me thinks

I don't think so mosssideblue. It is about high time that someone give these scousers a lesson in what is and what is not allowed at the moment. These Livarpool fans need to be taught a lesson. Maybe this is one ay of doing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.