Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
40m, or there abouts, to go towards a replacement considering that 40m is for a player who our manager has had apparent issues with, was fairly inconsistent and obviously didn't want to be here is a decent deal in the scenario.

As I've said previously, put a nice thank you message on social media, fuck him off and let's bring in someone who's willing to learn and develop.

KDB and Sterling would have asked for more if we offered Sane that kind of money. He simply is not worth it. Guy who averages 15 a season should get £300k-£400k a week? Not a chance

Soriano and Txiki are correct on this.

And his stats and performances when he sometimes couldn't fancy it speak volumes. Pep rarely get it's wrong, he's been on the training pitch with him since he joined. If he feels he's not worth KDB wages then who are we to argue.

what are these stats you talk of, the game where Pep played him as a wing back?
He didn’t have many bad games, the truth is in many, many games he was double or triple teamed and that opened the game for our central players to have a field day.

His loss. Move on wish him well and thanks for the last few years. Hope he matures mentally and technically to become a world beater. That's football we cant always be lucky to have lifers like Zabba, Vinny, David and Sergio.

His heart was never in the club and he had his share of issues with Pep so it's good to finally bring this to a close. An excellent player with the potential to be world class and he will do well at Bayern.

We made some money on him and he helped us win a lot so, with a year left, it is good business.

For those that remain at the club, with him going, it is more motivation to win the CL and make his decision to leave silly! A replacement is likely to cost more but we were never going to offer those wages and quite right too.

Sad to see him go but it looks like he'd set his mind on returning to Germany. Decent business by City to get 60m + 10% sell on considering he's into his final year & taking into account the uncertain climate.

40m, or there abouts, to go towards a replacement considering that 40m is for a player who our manager has had apparent issues with, was fairly inconsistent and obviously didn't want to be here is a decent deal in the scenario.

As I've said previously, put a nice thank you message on social media, fuck him off and let's bring in someone who's willing to learn and develop.
£55m, where do you get £40m from?

I'm gutted, he was superb for us, will probably go on to be an absolute superstar for Bayern. I wish we didn't have this fucking wage structure, it's limiting us when it comes to the very best players. Wish we'd done more to convince him his future was here.

Can't begrudge a German lad wanting to go home though, but it seems we didn't try that hard to keep him. I just hope potential signings don't view us as a small club/selling club.

Hope we can get Sancho to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.