Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we'll actually replace him, who knows how much money we have to spend this summer. Covid will have hit us hard as will the UEFA court case, Leroy might not be the only one going this summer for cash. Can see us losing Otamendi, Cancelo and possibly Stones and Zinch.
We are the best places club to weather this crisis
Zinchy has a four yr deal,nick might see out his contract ,john?who knows

I think football is giving itself a reality check, something had to give, the days of £100m plus transfers are probably behind us for the next few years, the list of such transfers in the modern game contains names like Hazard, Dembele, Felix, Coutinho, Griezman, Neymar & Mbappe....I’d say only Mbappe has given value for money & could command a similar fee, exposing the massive gambles clubs have been making, especially Barca who just look reckless, a modicum of sense & sensibility has arrived with the transfer fees of Werner & Sane, both German internationals with good stats & many years ahead of them. The market is the market & I think the club have got a decent deal in the end, maybe we should continue to shop in the Bundesliga, it’s worked well in the past

He gets on well with lafs,they are always laughing together ,sane was warming up the other week and pissed himself when raz fell over during a game

The deal is done,he is not our player so he doesn't stay with us

glad to see the back of all this speculation to be honest - it cant be helpful for squad morale. A player who doesnt want to be here is of no use so Im happy he has gone finally.

Always felt he had the highest ceiling out of any of our wide players and if he is over his injury I believe he will go on to be a genuinely world class player. Those that think we haven’t really missed him should a) take a good look at the current league table and b) watch some 17/18 footage where we played the best football I have ever seen from an English side. We have been nowhere near as dynamic without him in the side and in many games very ponderous and predictable.

I felt for a long time that he was treated differently (more harshly) than other players by Pep and expected it would eventually bite us on the ass. Yes he could be frustrating and have some bad games but Pep, for whatever reason always seemed to be more animated on the touchline whenever he did something wrong. Other players are given chances to play themselves out of bad form, it never seemed to be the case for Sane, he would be subbed or dropped for the next game(s).

I am absolutely gutted to see him go, it was inevitable that at some point we would lose one of our best players before getting the best years out of them. We have had a pretty good run in that respect but it is still a bitter pill to swallow. I wish him all the best for the future, hope he will go on to be that world class player and am just sorry he won’t be doing it in a City shirt.

This.

Why he was played in the CS is anyone’s guess. It was a stupid decision and the injury cost City any leverage they had. Should have kept him in cotton wool and done the deal with BM. Whilst we couldn’t have seen COVID-19 we could see that a serious injury to an asset that is wanted by another club could be a possibility. Sane should not have played a minute of football whilst the transfer window was open.

Monies received could then have been used to replace VK. Something we all could see was needed except the powers that be. Because again, you could see a possibility that our only decent central defender may pick up an injury during the season and leave us with Otta (who the Club was trying to offload because he’s not good enough) and Stones.
He was our player and hadn't asked to leave at the time,bayden hadn't made an offer,pep didn't have a crystal ball,he had to prepare him for the season like everyone else

The replacement needs to be someone that has either electric pace or the ability to beat multiple people inside and outside.

Not saying these players are the ones but the style of a Sancho, Zaha, Adama Traore.

It has to be a game changer.

Maybe Braff fits the bill -he is rapid from what Ive heard and seen - looks full of confidence as well and now with Sane gone there is another place in the squad and Braff has started training with the first team so maybe in a few weeks we could see him on the bench instead of Sane.

Its interesting that Sane got a total of 11 mins in four games - clearly Pep nkew for the last few weeks at the very elast that this deal was done so ddint play him (Didnt want him to get injured again and also whats the point in playing someone who wont be here next year and when there is nothing to play for - in the league at least) -

Braff to take Sane's place on the bench and hopefully may get dropped into a few games late on espeically in the league - we have some decent games to play him in after the scousers.

Home
Newcastle
Bournmouth
Norwich

Away
Southampton
Brighton
Watford

Certainly the home games could be a possibility to give him some game time if the lad grabs his chance in training.

Sad to see Sane go. I liked him and his style of play. In today’s market with different add ons it’s a decent deal. He’s gone now and we move on. As always. Players will pass through. That’s why I will never ever put a players name on my top.

Wish the lad well. we got some cash for him and he's got what he wanted. All we need to do is buy Phil The Face Jones and move on.

I dont get all the hand wringing and gnashing of teeth going on. He hasn't been on the ball last season and who knows if hes going to be after his injury. The people saying the club dropped a changer need to give your heads a wobble, hes been going for 2 years since he refused to sign a new contract. Also hes not world class, hes potentially world class, but for me he doesnt have the aptitude to make the leap to world class. If theres one coach that will make you take that leap its pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.