UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting the in denial in early

To be honest I think they were avoiding the discussion on City mostly. They joked about having the lawyers looking over their shoulders at the beginning, but Phillipe Auclair was particularly passive when City were covered, and he absolutely despises us, his comments on the podcast that came out after Soriano's statement showed he's got nothing but contempt for the club and Abu Dhabi, and the fans.

It's not like Panja said we couldn't win the decision fairly, he just never seemed to consider it as an option.

He also said that CAS as an institution is notorious for siding with federations, and that people who reform CAS cite this as a problem. Said it could be considered an upset if anyone won vs. a federation.

I just listened to it.

They mention our CAS hearing and Tariq basically says if we win it will show how much legal pressure we've put on UEFA or that UEFA didn't even bother fighting it properly like with PSG (Never considers we might just be right on the facts).

This is why if/when we win we should set about ruining a couple of media tarts as the Tariq comment will be the go-to excuse in all media forever that City have spent millions on legal teams compared to Lionel Hutz being hired for UEFA.

This is why if/when we win we should set about ruining a couple of media tarts as the Tariq comment will be the go-to excuse in all media forever that City have spent millions on legal teams compared to Lionel Hutz being hired for UEFA.

Yeah. Also I think if there's going to be any acceptance of the victory we need the full decision with reasoning and summary of our arguments to be published (this requires both parties consent) because they will otherwise assume that the AC and IC did their jobs, but when it came to defending them in court, Ceferin and the rest of UEFA didn't try. That feeds back into the belief they have that Ceferin & co. are on our side.

The July 13th date is correct apparently.

City must be very relaxed to agree to have it moved for UEFA. Part of me still thinks it’ll come earlier but by all accounts Mike’s story was okayed by the club.

it is quite normal for the decision to be released to the parties in draft form a few days before the decision is made public, so the advocates can correct typos, factual mistakes or even correct arithmetic. This is done on the basis that there is an embargo against releasing the substance of the decision until the date announced for publication. So it is quite possible, perhaps even probable, that the parties will know the decision in advance. How much in advance is a moot point.

My summation, for what it's worth, is that the decision will be conveyed to both parties by CAS at some point next week (if it hasn't already been conveyed to them). That info will be under embargo until it is put in to the public domain on 13th July when the rest of us mere mortals find out the result.
I agree. I think both parties will be told on Friday with a view to an embargo release on Monday. It gives City and UEFA time to prepare their reactions. It will be interesting to see if anything leaks out over that weekend.

I agree. I think both parties will be told on Friday with a view to an embargo release on Monday. It gives City and UEFA time to prepare their reactions. It will be intersting to see if anything leaks out over that weekend.

Pep’s demeanour when we play Brighton the Saturday before will be interesting.

It's just such a relief that after all these months of speculation and guesswork we have something with all the clout of Keegan and his highly reputable DM to ... speculate about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.