Three young CB's with potential.

Saddleworth2

We seem to have three young CB's all with potential. Garcia, Harwood Bellis, Adarabioyo.
I think most of us believe we need to invest in a new partner for Laporte. Hopefully a top top CB.
Of the three youngsters though, do you think any will be good enough? I haven't seen enough of the three - what are their relative strengths?

We seem to have three young CB's all with potential. Garcia, Harwood Bellis, Adarabioyo.
I think most of us believe we need to invest in a new partner for Laporte. Hopefully a top top CB.
Of the three youngsters though, do you think any will be good enough? I haven't seen enough of the three - what are their relative strengths?

Id like to see THB get a run of games in the prem now (or at least off the bench) - with the league finished and champs league qualification all but assured I would ahve thought its the ideal tie to get him some experience.

the same goes for Braff -

these two players could save us a lot of money in the long run so we need to find out.

Garcia looks a special talent and needs to be managed like Phil. There’s no doubt in my mind that within 2/3 seasons Garcia will be good enough to demand a regular spot in the first team.

That then means we need another 3 cbs. Laporte + a first team signing. Then for me the question is whether Tosin is good enough to be third choice. If not then keep Stones.

Thought Garcia looked nervous at times last night, probably his toughest test, but he came through okay. Gave away the ball a couple of times badly but he'll make it at the top I think. Difficult to say if it's with us or not because it's the one position (plus goalie) where you can't really give players too much time to learn, but really hope so. I reckon you need thick skin to quickly get over any major mishaps as a CB, because once you have a reputation for errors it's difficult to shake. Ota has this but he's not been too bad recently from memory.

I'd like to see if Tosin with that extra experience can bring his Blackburn form back with him.

Think Garcia is the long-term project, THB is a bit raw and needs a bit more work before he's ready to step up, maybe someone like Blackburn could take him next year.

Thought Garcia looked nervous at times last night, probably his toughest test, but he came through okay. Gave away the ball a couple of times badly but he'll make it at the top I think. Difficult to say if it's with us or not because it's the one position (plus goalie) where you can't really give players too much time to learn, but really hope so. I reckon you need thick skin to quickly get over any major mishaps as a CB, because once you have a reputation for errors it's difficult to shake. Ota has this but he's not been too bad recently from memory.
Agreed on Garcia looking nervous, his toughest test indeed. I think he has the potential and quality to partner Laporte and now in the league is an ideal opportunity for him to start games.
Talk of koulibaly being the ready made replacement to fill kompany's boots. He looks a solid CB very high on quality who will most probably suit our style of play. On saying that though he's a player who has 4-5 years left at the top if he stays injury free. No saying he'd make it in the premier league as many stars in other leagues have failed. Plus he'd cost a fortune and I'd rather see the money put towards an Aguero replacement.

Otamendi will soon leave, Stones is regressing so badly he looks shot so Garcia looks best placed to step up and partner Laporte. I'd like to see Fernandinho back playing as an holding midfielder shielding the back line. I think we've missed Fern badly at times this season as a DM.

So I'd stick with youth and have Laporte mentoring Garcia with T-HB and Adarabioyo as back up.

We have some excellent young players and Tommy Doyle is another one who can't be too far away from showing what he can do in the first team. He'll probably get more game time as back up to Rodri when Fernandinho leaves.

[QUOTE="He'll probably get more game time as back up to Rodri when Fernandinho leaves.[/QUOTE]

I don’t see ferna leaving, I think he will take a coaching role with us which will be great for the like of Doyle as they come through.

The only thing I worry about García is that he’s neither tall nor has a big jump to make up for that, and he is a bit slow.

Saying that, Franco Baresi was only 5’9” and wasn’t quick, so those things aren’t everything.

García looks technically very good positionally, with the way he defends by staying on his feet, and with the ball.

I’ve not seen enough of Harwood-Bellis yet, his passing hasn’t looked great when I have seen him but that’s not really anything to go off in two games.

I'd like to see if Tosin with that extra experience can bring his Blackburn form back with him.

Think Garcia is the long-term project, THB is a bit raw and needs a bit more work before he's ready to step up, maybe someone like Blackburn could take him next year.

I want Tosin to go to a good Premier League loan next season. If Blackburn scrape through promotion, they'd be great. Leeds under Bielsa would be absolutely perfect. Brighton, Southampton maybe.

I think now Tosin is outside the club environment, I'd like to see him come back with a reputation, with experience at the PL level, maybe a bit of attention for the England side.

If he comes back now, he's still only got experience below our level and he's also been away from Pep for 2 years so I think he'd just drop to the bottom of the pile.

I've been a garcia fanboy since his debut against Leicester when he was telling otamendi what to do.
His height is the only thing that might hold him back.

THB is young and needs a couple more years before we begin to judge.

Never been a fan of tosin and think he has found his level in the championship

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.