Three young CB's with potential.

All three need to be nurtured, but right now, City's biggest need is a top class central defender, who will automatically improve the first team.

I thought the line of the back four broke down a few times last night with Garcia the one ultimately playing people onside on a few occasions. That doesn't necessarily mean it was his fault though, and thats just communication hopefully which will only improve over time.

CB is probably the most difficult position to blood a young player. Any errors are likely to be punished more heavily than any position other than in goal. I think that should be taken into account and I think it is only fair to judge him next season, if and when we get the midfield balance right so the defence isn't as easily exposed as it has been this season.

Rodri is inconsistent, having had some great games and some stinkers with not much in between. I still think he can be the solution but the midfield has been the main issue this season in my opinion.

Tosin (full name Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin Oluwadoyinsolami Adarabioyo hence Tosin 8) ) is contracted until Summer next year according to Transfermarkt.co.uk so I guess we'll find out Pep s thinking sooner rather than later.

Garcia will stay with us and learn under Pep as 1 of the 4 CB's.

THB I suspect will go on loan.

That will leave us Laporte, Stones, Garcia and a new ready made CB by my thinking.

Think Tosin will be sold - at 22 Pep would want him working with the first team.

Hopefully we have a proper look at him; his passing has been Busquets-like for Blackburn, and if he can replicate that the Premier League, he could end up being the player Rodri is supposed to, screening the back 4 and breaking lines in midfield.

Harwood-Bellis needs a loan; the best game I’ve seen him have was Arsenal away for the u23’s, where his passing was more expansive and he looked the real deal - at times in the first team he’s been understandably timid with his distribution. I think he’s potentially got the highest ceiling of the 3, but the next 2 years are going to be key to really clarifying that.

Koulibaly is the correct defensive signing this summer - not only is he absolutely elite, but he’s probably got 3 years at the very top of his game left, so could be supplemented/eventually succeeded by Garcia and THB.

Hopefully we have a proper look at him; his passing has been Busquets-like for Blackburn, and if he can replicate that the Premier League, he could end up being the player Rodri is supposed to, screening the back 4 and breaking lines in midfield.

Harwood-Bellis needs a loan; the best game I’ve seen him have was Arsenal away for the u23’s, where his passing was more expansive and he looked the real deal - at times in the first team he’s been understandably timid with his distribution. I think he’s potentially got the highest ceiling of the 3, but the next 2 years are going to be key to really clarifying that.

Koulibaly is the correct defensive signing this summer - not only is he absolutely elite, but he’s probably got 3 years at the very top of his game left, so could be supplemented/eventually succeeded by Garcia and THB.
Tosin as a DM could be an interesting idea, this is a difficult season for players returning from loans as unlikely to be the usual pre season tour games to impress in.

Tosin as a DM could be an interesting idea, this is a difficult season for players returning from loans as unlikely to be the usual pre season tour games to impress in.

Not sure on that, he was ropey as a right back for WBA. He has the right build for a modern CB where Garcia doesn't. If you could pick the best of each you'd have the perfect defender. I think we will go with Garcia but at some point he will be caught for pace or height or both - i guess it depends if it becomes an issue. Tosin I think might get another deal and another loan, there wont be many buying clubs and many will need players but will be skint so it could work for all involved for us to pay his wages for anither year at a Championship club. If the market is back to normal next summer he would be worth a decent price if his Blackburn form continues.

THB should go on loan for the same reasons above, lots of clubs will be brasic and there should be opportunity somewhere.

The only thing I worry about García is that he’s neither tall nor has a big jump to make up for that, and he is a bit slow.

Saying that, Franco Baresi was only 5’9” and wasn’t quick, so those things aren’t everything.

García looks technically very good positionally, with the way he defends by staying on his feet, and with the ball.

I’ve not seen enough of Harwood-Bellis yet, his passing hasn’t looked great when I have seen him but that’s not really anything to go off in two games.

I think they are fair concerns. I do wonder if he would be more suited as a DM. The way football is going centre halves are required to have excellent physical attributes. Particularly now teams are typically playing a high line and so require the pace to cover the ground, in addition to also facing physically imposing centre forwards.

That is why Koulibaly and Van Dyke are considered two of the best defenders in the game.

Agreed on Garcia looking nervous, his toughest test indeed. I think he has the potential and quality to partner Laporte and now in the league is an ideal opportunity for him to start games.
Talk of koulibaly being the ready made replacement to fill kompany's boots. He looks a solid CB very high on quality who will most probably suit our style of play. On saying that though he's a player who has 4-5 years left at the top if he stays injury free. No saying he'd make it in the premier league as many stars in other leagues have failed. Plus he'd cost a fortune and I'd rather see the money put towards an Aguero replacement.

Otamendi will soon leave, Stones is regressing so badly he looks shot so Garcia looks best placed to step up and partner Laporte. I'd like to see Fernandinho back playing as an holding midfielder shielding the back line. I think we've missed Fern badly at times this season as a DM.

So I'd stick with youth and have Laporte mentoring Garcia with T-HB and Adarabioyo as back up.

We have some excellent young players and Tommy Doyle is another one who can't be too far away from showing what he can do in the first team. He'll probably get more game time as back up to Rodri when Fernandinho leaves.
What makes you think Garcia is ahead of Adarabioyo? He has a better physical presence than Garcia and looks like he can link defence to midfield. He also has more experience.

From what I’ve seen I think THB is the brightest talent. He’s the youngest one so I don’t agree with the calls for a loan move right now.

I think he has everything to be a top talent. Would be great if they all made it with us though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.