Kalidou Koulibaly

I disagree. When defending as part of a unit you regularly have to adapt and change markers fluidly in your zone. As said, everyone knows where Mane will run and the centre half needs to ensure he's positioned well enough to prevent it.

Garcia has a similar turn of pace to Otamendi and against Liverpool, and many other elite teams, we need more speed in that position.

Garcia will be a good asset against 90% of other teams.
When a ball is being played diagonally between the CB and RB, it is 100% the RB's responsibility, there's no ifs, buts or maybes. In that position with three strikers running in between defenders that's just obvious;

Mendy was positioned to stop the easy ball down the line, Laporte moving across to get goalside of Salah, Garcia moving across to get goalside of Firminho and Walker moving across to get goalside of Mane. It really is that simple.

Trying to blame Garcia for Mane getting in behind is embarrassing and just shows a complete lack of knowledge or someone purposefully trying to dig out a young player, it's bollocks.

Sam Lee saying we've agreed terms with him but not given a formal offer to Napoli yet. They apparently want £72m.
Is that not tapping up, i know the German league allows this but should that not read Napoli have allowed us to talk to Koulibaly, Personally i think it unlikely that City are going to pay £15 million plus a year before agents fees and wages on a player Napoli are desperate to get rid off, i think it more likely that if Pep can not find his Pique, he will look to midfield for his Kompany

Never like buys this. He is now too old. Wanted him when we got Mangala instead. Would have been worth it then. I don't think it is now. But it seems we are desperate for a CB. :(

I'd rather have Soyuncu at Leicester

Last edited:
Never like buys this. He is now too old. Wanted him when we got Mangala instead. Would have been worth it then. I don't think it is now. But it seems we are desperate for a CB. :(

I'd rather have Soyuncu at Leicester

I don't really see the issue when we've got two young academy centrebacks on the fringes of the first team. Especially when we're desperately lacking leadership.

When it comes to Aguero or a fullback in the not so distant future, I'd definitely want someone younger.

I would rather have Dunk a 1/3 of the fee a 1/4 of the wage, highly reliable in the league a captain a leader but miles too slow for Pep, playing a high back line, but then that is probably true of Koulibaly now

I don't really see the issue when we've got two young academy centrebacks on the fringes of the first team. Especially when we're desperately lacking leadership.

When it comes to Aguero or a fullback in the not so distant future, I'd definitely want someone younger.
I think Soyuncu is a better player going forward ( I'm projecting he will be). Being younger is just an added benefit. He has all the qualities you want in a CB. Leader, physicality, ball skills and Size. And he is younger. So he can be here for 7 years instead of 2

I think Soyuncu is a better player going forward ( I'm projecting he will be). Being younger is just an added benefit. He has all the qualities you want in a CB. Leader, physicality, ball skills and Size. And he is younger. So he can be here for 7 years instead of 2

He's definitely not got the speed and I think that's a big bonus of Koulibaly with the way we play. Not that Soyuncu is a slouch but he's not got the standout pace of the other. Good player though.

And you seriously think we'd only get two years out of Koulibaly? I don't see any reason why we wouldn't expect five. I know you're extremely favourable to youth but it's not as if he's got a history of repetitive injuries.

For the role we need to fill (a Kompany and hopefully Otamendi replacement) I think he's absolutely perfect. I'd rather we splash the cash on a proven quality player than take another role of the dice on a promising talent.

When a ball is being played diagonally between the CB and RB, it is 100% the RB's responsibility, there's no ifs, buts or maybes. In that position with three strikers running in between defenders that's just obvious;

Mendy was positioned to stop the easy ball down the line, Laporte moving across to get goalside of Salah, Garcia moving across to get goalside of Firminho and Walker moving across to get goalside of Mane. It really is that simple.

Trying to blame Garcia for Mane getting in behind is embarrassing and just shows a complete lack of knowledge or someone purposefully trying to dig out a young player, it's bollocks.

Pointing out an area where a player needs to improve is not digging a young player out. In fact, I've always been an advocate of young players and I think Harwood Bellis will be a better player for us anyway.

You clearly don't understand how a defensive unit of players work together or cover / mark their own zone so I'll leave that with you.

I would rather have Dunk a 1/3 of the fee a 1/4 of the wage, highly reliable in the league a captain a leader but miles too slow for Pep, playing a high back line, but then that is probably true of Koulibaly now

The money is not coming out of your bank account so why do you give a fuck?

Lewis Dunk over Koulibally now I’ve heard it all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.