UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, then we wouldn't be banned. The point is that for CAS to consider a ban (of any kind) is upheld, it will have to conclude, at least: a) City are in breach of FFP b) that is a second breach ie a breach of the second chance c) that UEFA's allegations (which must amount to saying that at least City concealed the "truth") are well founded. In those circumstances, how is a 2 year ban not proportionate.

Co-operation is a red herring. If CAS find City did not inflate the sponsorship, they are not going to say "but we still think it's worthy a 1 year ban because of a failure to cooperate". If City are found to have breached, co-operation is neither here nor there.

I don’t think he’s saying CAS will impose a ban of some sort if we’re innocent of everything else except this so called lack of co-operation. I read what @Centurions said as being aimed at UEFA instead, and a scenario (purely hypothetical of course) that once everything was considered, they (UEFA) realised there was no case to answer but saw their arse so much (maybe because of the rumours that we rejected a much lesser punishment) that they hit us with a 2 year ban for a lack of co-operation, ie: not accepting a much lesser punishment.

As I say, all purely hypothetical and may well be bollocks but this is UEFA remember and I wouldn’t put anything past them.

I don’t think he’s saying CAS will impose a ban of some sort if we’re innocent of everything else except this so called lack of co-operation. I read what @Centurions said as being aimed at UEFA instead, and a scenario (purely hypothetical of course) that once everything was considered, they (UEFA) realised there was no case to answer but saw their arse so much (maybe because of the rumours that we rejected a much lesser punishment) that they hit us with a 2 year ban for a lack of co-operation, ie: not accepting a much lesser punishment.

As I say, all purely hypothetical and may well be bollocks but this is UEFA remember and I wouldn’t put anything past them.
Not actually what I meant TBH but I like it, I have suggested the same previously as it happens. Perhaps it's an internal UEFA power struggle and Cefferin has given them (Leterm?(sp)) enough rope to hang themselves.

Yes, hypothetical and not what happened (unfortunately, because if it had we'd win easily).

Yes, hypothetical and not what happened (unfortunately, because if it had we'd win easily).

To be fair, while I agree it’s not what happened, none of us know for sure. One side is in the right here and one side is in the wrong, and for all we know the side in the wrong could be playing a huge game of bluff, and knew that their case was bollocks all along. I just hope it’s not City ;)

"the wait is killing me and others ? the longer it goes on the more city are falling behind in the transfer market and missing out on players and it will end up panic buying and all it takes is one bad buy and next season could be even worst in the league than this season[/QUOTE]"
Nobody is buying in the transfer market, other than Sane and that was done a long time ago, and the decision will be known before the major merry go round starts. By being worst in the league next year do you mean finishing below second.

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that the hearing concluded a fair bit earlier than expected on the final day? I’m not suggesting that’s in any way positive but it took me by surprise.
It finished around 4pm local. Very typical time for a hearing to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.