Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

Too much rotation, and an obaeasion with the next game rathee than our current opponent.
To be honest, I don't think it would be such a.bad thing if City had a.slightly smaller squad and started playing virtually the same XI every game.
Making 6 or 7 changes every week might make us fresher for the domestic cups, but it also adds to the myth that we've got more players than everyone else.
As for tonight, my heart sank as soon as I saw our midfield line-up.
God knows what's happened to Bernardo Silva, but Fernandinho and David Silva against any Premier League team in 2020 is a worry. (Individually okay, but too slow combined)
Also, Zinchenko has gone backwards.

Last edited:
We’ve lost more games than the rags, wolves and arsenal ... fucking arsenal !!!! We’ve lost the same number of games as Sheff Utd and I watched them earlier and they are league one standard

Yet above them all in the league.

They would swap in a heartbeat.

Pep must take some of the blame. Sterling & Mahrez were the only players who could unlock that defence and he takes them both off with 30 minutes to go, leaving no width. Meanwhile he has three central defenders on the pitch marking one striker. Very strange selection.
Pep has half thrown the league, he needs to decide what way he is going to go with it. Start Sterling and Mahrez who I think would have ended up making an impact later in the game only to then pull them to protect them but put on KDB and Foden. If hes going to leave Mendy and Walker at home, may as well put Braaf or someone on the bench to start or come on for Sterling.

Very frustrating second half watch that,KDB strangely off with his passing range,Foden did quite well when he came on.We put too much pace on low crosses at times.Ederson needs to be told to protect his goal at all times and stop pretending he is a centre half.Jesus desperately needs a goal for his confidence.

We’ve lost more games than the rags, wolves and arsenal ... fucking arsenal !!!! We’ve lost the same number of games as Sheff Utd and I watched them earlier and they are league one standard
Liverpool lost only 1 game last season and they still didn’t win the league.
All them teams you mention would gladly swap positions with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.