Southampton (A) Post-Match Thread

Well I hope it proved something for pep tonight, we need a world class striker from somewhere.

We certainly need a third option, whether that is a youngster or an experienced player who will be content to be on the bench.

A different option, someone who can be an aerial threat. When we don’t/can’t take our chances we often become predictable and ponderous.

We did not have great attacking options on the bench today.

Pep must take some of the blame. Sterling & Mahrez were the only players who could unlock that defence and he takes them both off with 30 minutes to go, leaving no width. Meanwhile he has three central defenders on the pitch marking one striker. Very strange selection.
What would you be chatting if one or both had got injured in a meaningless match ??

Arrrrrgh !!

If you think beating Liverpool but losing to Southampton makes us flat track bullies then I'm not sure you know what that phrase means!
We’ve lost more games than the rags, wolves and arsenal ... fucking arsenal !!!! We’ve lost the same number of games as Sheff Utd and I watched them earlier and they are league one standard

Yep totally baffling for me
2nd place is nailed on but it's a real worry for me how a squad like ours has lost nine games.
We haven't replaced Kompany

Pep must take some of the blame. Sterling & Mahrez were the only players who could unlock that defence and he takes them both off with 30 minutes to go, leaving no width. Meanwhile he has three central defenders on the pitch marking one striker. Very strange selection.

Agree , quite strange substitutions , gave me the impression we have bigger fish to fry and was more concerned with rotation/game time than getting an equaliser.

That match is up there with Bolton and Boro at home in our WWHWWS days.

Knew the kid who hasn't scored all season would score.

Soton keeper had his one game where he didn't fuck up.

We did everything right but score.

our crossing was shambolic, Kevin was way off the mark. i was shocked.....but to make the point again.....It doesn t matter as we work the squad in rotation for good cup runs.
It's the rustiness. Kev puts his foot through the ball and normally things happen. He's confident and doesn't hold back and so even the slightest strike that isn't as clean as usual is magnified. Personally, I thought David didn't do much wrong.

Built up a head of steam , moving the ball around , in our rythem creating chances then ....Water Break , what the fuck is happening to football ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.