Funniest comment you’ve heard at a City game

Remember a cup game at Brentford - a Saturday - think the game was called off in the week. Franny was waiting for the team bus looking like a cross between DelBoy and a member of the Stylistics - white collared shirt, patent leather slip on shoes and as the Team arrive Dibble is first off the coach - having been all over the press in the week for shagging a bar maid... City Fan ‘how’s the birds Dibs’. Dibble ‘fuck off’. Franny ‘charming!’

Bloke behind me on the Kippax,against Cardiff,late 60's.Awful game,bloke shouts "Blow yer riffle wes"
Another one at Klanfield,Boxing day some year or other.We were getting the usual tatering,somebody shouted "turn the fuckin' lights out" there was a few seconds pause then someone else shouted "leave 'em on,I'm reading"

Ipswich at home 97/98 ish shocking game into injury time we were losing and Ipswich trying to keep possession in the corner of the kippax by the North stand. Tony Vaughan flew into the Ipswich player and the enraged Ipswich fans started shouting "off off off " at which point half the Kippax rose as one to chant off off off as well. Summed up the times for me !

They get sorry
Went to West Ham under Manuel. We got beat 2 1. Was chatting to a steward who explained the briefing the get. City's was will sell out...not the most violent or loudest but annually the most pissed...
They get

Ipswich away early 70s. In the seats opposite the main stand (courtesy of Helen the Bell), and Kevin Beattie commits a bad foul on a City player and gets booked. One of the City fans (Dave the Ripper- most people knew him) shouts out "you dirty Suff-Fucker!
Even the coppers in front joined in pissing themselves laughing.

During the dreadful Pearce era it was yet another awful game of the worst kind of football imaginable and I overheard two guys talking behind me, one guy had brought his young son with him and the guy next to him said to the kid "we haven't seen you here before" and the Dad replied with "no, he's been naughty this week that's why I brought him!"

It gave me and several others around me a bit of a chuckle.

Sometime in the 90s when in the lower divisions. Announcer over the tannoy during a break in the game, "Just to let you know our next home game a week on Saturday will be Southend United" This was followed by loud groans from round the ground, then the reply came over, "Come on now lads, lets have a bit of enthusiasm"!

One of the best I heard was at Edgeley Park one Friday night as county was passing the ball around the field. "Never mind the football gerrit in the fuckin air"

Once took my wife to watch city and she was shouting the whole game as she hadnt been a game before. she got caught up in the atmosphere and was listening to me shout the players names.thing is though when micah richards had the ball she was saying "go on onuoha " and when nedum onuoha had it she was saying "go on richards" .Some guy turned to me and said "so shes not a regular then"!:))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.