Bluemoon Angling Thread

I’m currently bivvied up on the tidal Trent. Got a nice bit of water to myself and there’s a touch f colour in the water. I’ve used a handmade “spopper” to put 2k of pellet and boilies out and I’ve got two rods in the zone. This is big fish country- not many barbel but realistic potential of a mid double or better.

Will let you know if anything occurs...

IMG-9174.jpg

Just come off the Wye after a few hours. 6 barbel between 5-7.10lb and a nice 4lb chub. Had to accurately cast 35m between two far bank bushes which I did but I ended up losing 5 feeders in snags and streamer weed. Not a bad days fishing.

Tomorrow we're going canoeing from Ross to Symonds Yat. Heard it's worth doing so looking forward to it.

Just come off the Wye after a few hours. 6 barbel between 5-7.10lb and a nice 4lb chub. Had to accurately cast 35m between two far bank bushes which I did but I ended up losing 5 feeders in snags and streamer weed. Not a bad days fishing.

Tomorrow we're going canoeing from Ross to Symonds Yat. Heard it's worth doing so looking forward to it.

You are dead to me, Noddy. :)

Short 6 hour session on the local stillwater and decided to put up a carp rod with a boilie. Had two fish 11.14 and 9.06. Piece of piss carp fishing but they were my first fish on home-tied hair rigs. I've now invested in a bigger landing net as the hardest part was getting the fish into my little one.

Now beginning to get tackle together for next year's trip to Colombia. 10 and 12 weight rods (does that sound right ?). My mate's buying them but it's costing a lot. We're hoping to sell some of it when we get back to offset the cost.

Just back home after a grim 24 hours on the Tidal Trent. It rained all night so I had to hole up in my bivvy. Not a single touch on either rod. Baits, despite being air dried boilie on one rod, continually removed by Mitten Crabs I assume. Everything’s covered in mud but I will be back to this spot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.