UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there will be a feature on how winning the CL then the PL is a world class achievement whilst doing it the other way round is fairly old school and not that difficult. Then there will be a replay of the ‘miracle of Istanbul’, followed by Barca being knocked out last season.
Finally they will focus on who Real Madrid have drawn in the semi final and have an hour long discussion about where KDB, Sterling and LaPorte will be playing next season following the criminal activity perpetrated by those ‘filthy cheating Arabs’. I can hardly wait.....
They could always make a feature on how to become champions of Europe and the world and everywhere ever without bothering with the tedious chore of becoming champions in your own country.

Not really sure what the question is. City say the 2014 settlement and the settlement regime closed the book on the periods under investigation. The settlement is unlikely to be binding under Swiss Law unfortunately (it was never approved by a court or tribunal) so it is unclear how CAS will deal with it. UEFA will probably be able to argue the case on its merits and CAS will have to decide if we actually did breach as UEFA claim.

Ahh right as per usually Uefa want to have there cake and eat it.

There is certainly no way that of last night they had heard they had lost. Won maybe. Probably didn't know. https://www.mancity.com/citytv/mens/txiki-begiristain-david-silva-63729838
Very positive interview, same from Pep post match.

Considering Pep has just lost his mother and one of his teams has just lost the title by 20 points, lost 3 consecutive away fixtures for the 1st time in his managerial career and according to the doom merchants his present employees are going to have their 2 year ban from the Champions League confirmed he looks quite chilled and relaxed.

I would want to see evidence that we have inflated our income, or deceived the authorities.

To be honest, given the trajectory that UEFA were taking with City, would we have been wrong had we tried to deceive UEFA? It has never felt like a neutral regime.

Remember that UEFA changed the rules of the assessment and from that point onwards the gloves were off. The trouble is I doubt whether there is a court to resolve issues of fairness and justice in the way that most people would understand it.

We may win the case, and I don't care how but the best thing the fans can do is retain a bit of independence and not just fold because you see red guilty signs everywhere.

It wasn't right that UEFA changed the process so late in the day, so previous signings/wages were then applicable and we failed as a result. But that would have been a separate case with CAS and was something the club just took on the chin in the interests of not falling out with UEFA. As per my previous post, you can see from the tone of our first appeal to CAS that both parties do not have a relationship now. Quite rightly from our perspective, playing their game didn't get us anywhere and the club have to make a stand to bury all allegations and repair our reputation.

Nevertheless, as has been said many times, we're still guilty regardless of what CAS say. Most anti-City media will simply say we got away with it on a technicality even if that's not true. Most will say we still breached FFP and should have been banned and we'll still be the money club that only wins because of it. As a fan, I don't give a toss about that.

Great video that, he looks very relaxed.

He does. Had a chuckle to myself thinking that Pep, Txiki, Ferran and Khaldoon were all reading this thread and enjoying the drama so thought they'd do some videos with contrasting emotions to let things go wild. Pep went for the agitated approach, they then sat back and enjoyed Bluemoon's body language experts get increasingly depressed. Txiki then puts out a relaxed interview and suddenly we're all convinced we've won again.

Anyone else notice Silva in discussions with the ref after the game last night. It could have been because of the foul on him that wasn't given, or could it have been about the CAS decision? Was David picking the refs up on a comment regarding our breach of FFP rules?

I am erring on the side of the appeal being upheld myself but either we convince CAS that our evidence proves compliance or UEFA convince them that their evidence proves failure to comply. I struggle to find the in-between situation that would result in CAS saying UEFA were right but we think the punishment is too harsh, because I doubt we have appealed the punishment if we were convinced of our side. Saying that we are innocent and then saying "but if you find us guilty" is a weak approach.

As ive said before, the only logical 'middle ground' that i can see as acceptacle to either the club or uefa, is if we are clearwd on the breach of ffp and false documents accusations, but the subjective 'un-cooperative' charge is upheld. Not that it would warrant a ban, mind, more a fine or suspended fine.

The line the club have taken, that is about as much as i could see them accepting, and it gives uefa something to hang onto. 'ok you are not guilty but you weren't quick or helpful in demonstrating that to us'.

I would want to see evidence that we have inflated our income, or deceived the authorities.

To be honest, given the trajectory that UEFA were taking with City, would we have been wrong had we tried to deceive UEFA? It has never felt like a neutral regime.

Remember that UEFA changed the rules of the assessment and from that point onwards the gloves were off. The trouble is I doubt whether there is a court to resolve issues of fairness and justice in the way that most people would understand it.

We may win the case, and I don't care how but the best thing the fans can do is retain a bit of independence and not just fold because you see red guilty signs everywhere.

Well CAS is an independent organisation, i think they're pretty well respected and AFAIK they would provide a relatively detaile brief at some point post-decision. They did so with the original appeal we made when the case was referred to UEFA's board.

Whether we are right to deceive them, i'm not sure. Are the rules bollocks? Yes. But we should have made it clear to UEFA that we couldn't comply and come up with an agreement at the time, rather than lie about it (IF thats what we've done).

If we win it then everything the club has said is proven, by a Court of Arbitration, and we *may?* have a right to sue for damaged towards UEFA for how its affected our reputation. However if we're found guilty having seen all our self-reputed evidence, then we need to be honest with ourselves as fans IMHO.

My inkling is that the club are not as confident as some of our statements infer , the fact we have done nothing in the transfer market is down to the club not being able to guarantee champs league for players like Koulibaly , it appears we are delaying any commitment on transfers until the appeal decision is confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.