UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Rag neighbour is convinced we are getting banned, i have said that there appears to be a lot of positive talk that CAS have sided with us.

His instant reply was that we must have bribed them, I asked him why and he said because the proof was all there in the leaked E.Mails.

I replied that the club have insisted from day one that this was a co-ordinated attack on the club using hacked and out of context documents, Given that CAS are well respected and independant is it not feasible that when they had all the facts in front of them they agreed with us.

His reply? No, you're cheats end of.

If it does go our way then it will still follow us around for a good while, Media have done their job well.

My Rag neighbour is convinced we are getting banned, i have said that there appears to be a lot of positive talk that CAS have sided with us.

His instant reply was that we must have bribed them, I asked him why and he said because the proof was all there in the leaked E.Mails.

I replied that the club have insisted from day one that this was a co-ordinated attack on the club using hacked and out of context documents, Given that CAS are well respected and independant is it not feasible that when they had all the facts in front of them they agreed with us.

If it does go our way then it will still follow us around for a good while, Media have done their job well.
Just chuck a bucket of piss at him.

Don't waste your time talking to the walking dead mate.

he sounds like an intelligent chap like the rest of their fan base. Ask him if Yernited would have passed FFP in Fergies first few years and see what he says

Can he spell his own name,dress himself and sit on a chair this Rag Neighbour?
Sounds like your average brain dead Werenitid Fan

You need to go round and tell him to "go fuck yourself you pathetic rag twat"

I'm hating these comments about the ban being overturned. Being typical City I'm suspicious of everything. While Cheesey is still the media voice of City and a very nice guy by all accounts, I refuse to believe that some high level legal bod has decided to brief journalists or that some admin underling has done so. We could be being set up here. While I've never been more certain of anything that we're 100 per cent innocent, I'm not convinced that CAS have looked at the things we want them to. They're a quasi-judicial tribunal - not a proper court. Not sure they look at the rights and wrongs of issues - they look at whether due process was followed. UEFA could have followed due process and still screwed us over - if you get what I'm saying.

The thing that i keep coming back to is this, if we have lost the appeal and we know these rumours are out there would the club not put out a statement saying we are aware of the rumours but can confirm that they are incorrect and we will make a statement when CAS announce their findings?

You could be right. However from experience, to specifically avoid leaks the embargo on legal decisions is rarely more than 24-48 hours.

I can appreciate that, for sure. To an extent. Not doubting the experience, just perhaps how relevant it maybe is. Not all arbitration bodies are the same, nor cases/scales, nor procedures.

We are both guessing, mine is completely uninformed, i do not pretend otherwise. Yours is informed, by related things that may or may not necessarily be completely applicable. Still interesting to read, so thanks.

At the end of the day, really doesn't matter if the club have known 3 days or 10. We both think at this point they know, and the positivity is still there, and that for me is the main thing.

I've got a red shit neighbour who spouted some bollocks about us when Sven was in charge. Think he was saying he'd never heard of Elano.

I laughed and called him clueless. Hardly spoke to him since and he dare not mention football. All the twats seem the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.