UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would CAS work though? They're an arbitration service, not a court, so surely there's some measure of interaction between the parties during the proceedings. Is it entirely out of the question that the CAS panel could have said to UEFA's team "Look lads, this position of yours is a bit silly".
As in court, the panel could well have indicated they thought that in their line of questioning and body language. But no they would not have formally dismissed the substantive arguments at the hearing.

Regardless, Philingib is not ITK and is 100% making it up

What gives the club the right to be disappointed with Cheesy?
They have severed all official connection with him, they have pettily refused his request for press credentials at the Etihad, they have treated him shabbily.
Unless there is more than cost behind the decision to bin him off (which we don't know about), this is not the right way to deal with a loyal supporter.
Cheesy is a fully-trained bona fide freelance journalist with 30 plus years experience. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but I doubt very much if he is in the guessing game. He will have a source and is perfecly within his rights to reveal the story. If he's is correct he will have a great scoop and good luck to him. If he has called it wrong then it's just tough luck and his reputation will be damaged. That is the business he has been in all his career.

I know one thing for certain, regardless of the result in the public eye we will be guilty and we will still think UEFA are crooked.

I don't anticipate any ruling announced until at least 09:40, as VAR will have to assess every conceivable statement to ensure the "correct" result for the good of the game is the outcome

I have no problem with Der Spiegel reporting on Football Leaks documents.

My problem is they are putting their own bias into it. They talk about fraud and stuff like that when they accuse City or PSG of having inflated contracts. It is not a fraud and there is nothing breaking the law here.

At best, you could say they tried to circumvent the rules by using a loophole.

Two years in a row, Barça and Juventus are going for those inflated swap deals (Pjanic-Arthur lately) to make a quick income before the end of the season. It is against the spirit of the FFP law as they say but it is legal and no one is concerned about it.
You are so tight about the selective application of certain rules. However City seem to have to comply with every single rule to the nth degree including the spirit of the rule whereas others including dare I say PSG seem to be able to get away with much more.
Can CAS have a view on this selective application of UEFA own rules and tell them to get some sort of fairness or is it rules they are obviously only used against certain clubs?

What about his words...”are you confident?” Answer “A lot” given City know by now, and they do because that’s the procedure, why would he say that? Or “Monday is a big day for sure” smile wink....you would have to believe he has lost his mind if we haven’t won.

The clubs been confident since the beginning. It's not beyond reason that he doesn't know but is still maintaining the show of bravado, hopefully with substance behind it! IF he knows at this present time then yeah I'd agree - we've won. I'm just not that confident that the club know, let alone Pep.

I respect the opinions of PB, PR and others on here and enjoy reading their posts, but I still don't find it implausible that the club really only will find out first thing on Monday morning. @BillyShears says as much too, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.