UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
An organisation with a primary interest in the good of football? Don’t their owners give syphon off revenue for themselves? Don’t their owners attach huge debts to the club? Don’t their owners hide their accounts away in the Cayman Islands, it would be interesting to see what type of tax avoidance they are up to with their accounting. Don’t their owners not give a fuck about the football side of the business? As long as the Glazers have money coming in they wouldn’t give a fuck if the rags won a trophy ever again.

I know which owners I’d rather have.
Good God they need to give their head a wobble, do they know who owns their club take tens of millions into their own pockets each year and have millions leaving the game with their loan pre-payment and we have owners who rebuilt most of east Manchestet invested in football throughout the world ! Dont think their owners even know where Manchester is, total deluded pricks !

It’s part of the process Marvin. The CAS rules themselves state that the parties find out first. That is common procedure for Arbitration’s worldwide. Finding out at 9am on Monday is not the “before” that they are talking about either. It will have been either Wednesday or Thursday ie 24-48 hours prior to the original date of Friday.
From experience the results are normally emailed to the Lawyers first who then inform the parties. I do Not know if CAS publishes decisions simultaneously but I doubt it. I suspect It may be nearer 10am when the City and Uefa statements are released that we actually know. Sorry to put a dampener on all you 9.30am alarm setters.

I can't see it stated anywhere :

R46 Award

The award shall be rendered by a majority decision, or in the absence of a majority, by the President alone. It shall be written, dated and signed. The award shall state brief reasons. The sole signature of the President of the Panel or the signatures of the two co-arbitrators, if the President does not sign, shall suffice.

Before the award is signed, it shall be transmitted to the CAS Director General who may make rectifications of pure form and may also draw the attention of the Panel to fundamental issues of principle. Dissenting opinions are not recognized by CAS and are not notified.

The Panel may decide to communicate the operative part of the award to the parties, prior to the reasons. The award shall be enforceable from such notification of the operative part by courier, facsimile and/or electronic mail.

The award, notified by the CAS Court Office, shall be final and binding upon the parties subject to recourse available in certain circumstances pursuant to Swiss law within 30 days from the notification of the award by mail or courier. It may not be challenged by way of an action for setting aside to the extent that the parties have no domicile, habitual residence, or business establishment in Switzerland and that they have expressly excluded all setting aside proceedings in the arbitration agreement or in an agreement entered into subsequently, in particular at the outset of the arbitration.

The operative part of the award shall be communicated to the parties within three months after the transfer of the file to the Panel. Such time limit may be extended by the President of the Appeals Arbitration Division upon a reasoned request from the President of the Panel.

A copy of the operative part of the award, if any, and of the full award shall be communicated to the authority or sports body which has rendered the challenged decision, if that body is not a party to the proceedings.

The award, a summary and/or a press release setting forth the results of the proceedings shall be made public by CAS, unless both parties agree that they should remain confidential. In any event, the other elements of the case record shall remain confidential.

A mate just texted me that on Sunday Supplement, they've said that monday's decision will fire us up, and that it'll be ironic if we win the CL the same time as we get banned, and that. So they're not buying into the Cheesy theory. Is that right?

Less than 24 hours we will know.

I think its still 50-50 if we end up with zero punishment vs some kind of punishment. Weeks ago I voted for 1 year ban, I think we will not get 100% cleared but maybe we can avoid CL ban which is the most important bit. We would fail FFP again if we cannot count on the CL income for one season let alone two unless we start selling and reduce wage bill.(of course other consequences like player might wanna leave, Pep too maybe etc.)
Even worse all that missed income would go over to one of our rivals.

Pep does look confident he even said so, but he said the same in February that the club told him the proof and he is confident that CAS will see it too hopefully.

If CAS will favour Uefa in the end we are in for a horrible media campaign I think the worst City faced over the years and we had some negative media oh boy...

If we win, media will portray it as we found a loophole, FFP is dead, Uefa is too week vs PSG&City, City does not respect the rules and the end of football is very close and the usual narrative will be kept really.
Only Martin Samuel maybe will do a piece ike fuck off "Uefa elite" but thats it.

The 99% certain outcome, following the case, I can well believe but I have still to see anything which suggests that City or EUFA actually KNOW the outcome. People talk of ‘signing non-disclosure agreements’ but why would you and what would be the consequences of breaking them? Bad faith maybe but nothing legal and nothing which would overturn the decision. I keep going back to that section on the CAS website that says, more or less, when a decision is transmitted to the parties, electronically or by other means (it doesn’t mention verbally), it is binding from that point. So, if CAS have said City are banned or exonerated, in an email, that decision is true once that email is sent. That being the case, I struggle to understand why either party are obligated to wait until tomorrow and, consequently, I still think there’s a very good chance that, as of this morning, it is still unknown to anyone, save for the 3 CAS judges.
I also don’t think we got wind of the first appeal defeat and were informed at the same time as everyone else.

A bit of a grasp, to try argue neither knows by now. Sure, nobody can say with certainty that both do, but it really would be contrary to the process, and given cas have made such a point of emphasising both parties being happy with the handling, i doubt they'd piss about now and sit on it till a minute before public release.

Saying nothing to prove they know, i can get. Saying nothing to 'suggest', i can't get. Absolutely plenty to suggest, with reasonable conviction, that they know.

Also, it is not EUFA btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.