UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do win the appeal i dont think the media will go gung-ho with negative headlines like "cheats prosper" or similar because they would leave themselves wide open to a lible case , but if we lose the appeal the headlines are not going to be pleasant reading we have no defence , but the media have been saying that all season , so what's new.

I think the idea is that the idea of preventing unlimited funding by an owner will be redundant if money can be funnelled through a 3rd party, and not count as coming from a single source.
It's the only reason I can think of that threatens any of FFP, and of course, relies on City's owners having done that.
If the FFP rules prohibited accepting sponsor money from firms which get state support then it would hit most Premier League Clubs. For example lots of firms get state aid. So it would rule out all the Emirate deals, Gazprom, and of course the Rags most long-standing sponsor Saudi Telecom (who also get state aid) That would be a lovely can of worms.

If we do win the appeal i dont think the media will go gung-ho with negative headlines like "cheats prosper" or similar because they would leave themselves wide open to a lible case , but if we lose the appeal the headlines are not going to be pleasant reading we have no defence , but the media have been saying that all season , so what's new.

If we lose it's best not to view/hear any media for the next couple of months. It won't be pretty.

A counter would be lost in a sea of aggression from the media if we lost.

To a great extent yes but surely everyone will carry quotes from Guardiola. He's box office.

Saying that, these may just be the embargoed quotes from the press conference on Saturday. Sunday 1030 the press officer said. This is standard practice for the Monday papers. Interested to see what's said given Tolmie's reference to his confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.