UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are welcome.

There are 2 critical things to remember about FFP and it’s implications for Manchester City.

The first is the process and ethos of FFP itself. It is not conducive to financial fair play, despite being called what it is. It is by design, a process to stop external investment from people and places with lots and lots of money. The Middle East is a great example. UEFA see this as a threat to their main revenue streams and will do whatever it takes to stop it. Nobody adjudicates UEFA and until a football club stands up and challenges the policy properly in a real court, then they can bend, move and change as they see fit. Don’t be fooled by their internal arbitration process, it is jobs for the boys and designed only to protect themselves. Have a look at some at some of the names/people in their adjudicatory chamber. It’s quite the eye opener.

The second part, and Prestwhich Blue has put out some info on this not so long back, is that we have t actually failed FFP at all. The bloated sponsorship is actually all present and correct and meets their own stupid criteria. Even if we didn’t, the deal they are going after was not exacerbated to the extent of the punishment. It wasn’t in line with what we are accused which just goes to show how determined they are to stop us.

At the end of the day, this is all very simple. There is an element of Qatar vs Abu Dhabi, but essentially the amount of cash flow coming out of that region causes UEFA a major problem. They cut a deal with Qatar, see PSG and some of their extortionate sponsorship value and then have a look at who brokered it. They want to do that with our side, but we said fuck off and they can’t get their sticky fingers in the pot so they are just trying to stop it instead.
That's three things at least ;)

You are welcome.

There are 2 critical things to remember about FFP and it’s implications for Manchester City.

The first is the process and ethos of FFP itself. It is not conducive to financial fair play, despite being called what it is. It is by design, a process to stop external investment from people and places with lots and lots of money. The Middle East is a great example. UEFA see this as a threat to their main revenue streams and will do whatever it takes to stop it. Nobody adjudicates UEFA and until a football club stands up and challenges the policy properly in a real court, then they can bend, move and change as they see fit. Don’t be fooled by their internal arbitration process, it is jobs for the boys and designed only to protect themselves. Have a look at some at some of the names/people in their adjudicatory chamber. It’s quite the eye opener.

The second part, and Prestwhich Blue has put out some info on this not so long back, is that we have t actually failed FFP at all. The bloated sponsorship is actually all present and correct and meets their own stupid criteria. Even if we didn’t, the deal they are going after was not exacerbated to the extent of the punishment. It wasn’t in line with what we are accused which just goes to show how determined they are to stop us.

At the end of the day, this is all very simple. There is an element of Qatar vs Abu Dhabi, but essentially the amount of cash flow coming out of that region causes UEFA a major problem. They cut a deal with Qatar, see PSG and some of their extortionate sponsorship value and then have a look at who brokered it. They want to do that with our side, but we said fuck off and they can’t get their sticky fingers in the pot so they are just trying to stop it instead.

Great piece of writing. I knew some of those facts but you put it across well.

Let's hope we put this to bed once and for all.

Great piece of writing. I knew some of those facts but you put it across well.

Let's hope we put this to bed once and for all.

One other point from that post, and I apologise, there isn’t any bloated sponsorship, I was confusing myself with PSG.

The allegation is that the money didn’t come from the place we say it did. I’m pretty sure it was fair market value.

Somebody more clued up than me will be able to put me straight.

I disagree we will fight on a technicality. City have said that we have irrefutable evidence that we are innocent.

We want to prove our innocence and not just get off. We could have done a deal, it seems, but we would be forever tainted if we did. We want to clear our name.
Id love access to his servers to see the real details.
Ask a dipper
Those two identical incidents overseen by Taylor this season - Son straight red.... Maguire no action. A ridiculous decision backed in 6 seconds by Shockley Park !
Also the main man in Shockley park was a rag...

How are we going to use the Liverpool stuff ?

Un related incidents governed by different bodies

But a good example of different treatment of existing settlements by footballing bodies.

Was anyone at the Premier League involved in the UEFA decision ?

I do like the idea of smearing Liverpool tho
It's going to happen...

That’s my concern to be honest. If we’ve already submitted what we considered to be the irrefutable proof, then it clearly wasn’t considered irrefutable and the CFCB would have definitely looked at it.

Personally, I want to know when we say the emails were taken out of context, what we fully mean by that. I don’t think we’ll ever find out though, I think the argument at CAS will be more around the verdict being inadmissible anyway.

It can’t be considered irrefutable if they refused to look at it.

They built, made and hung their entire case on stolen emails.

I would also like to see those emails.

The thing with an email, it’s all about context. It won’t prove a thing as long as the books say otherwise.

That UEFA were trying to broker a deal whilst putting their whole investigation on hacked emails, tells me they were shitting it.

I genuinely don’t think they expected us to say fuck off. They assumed we would take a deal.

The velocity of the punishment is akin to the reaction of a petulant teenager.

Point me at any link to suggest that, I've never seen one, other than dipper/rag reporters/fans suggesting it.

Written by a City fan, allegedly!

Edit: 2563 Buddhist calendar (2020)

Feb 15, 2563 BE · The Premier League announced last March that it had begun an investigation into City's affairs, releasing a statement which appeared to cover all the areas in which the defending champions had been accused of wrongdoing by the German magazine Der Spiegel, based on “leaks” of internal emails which City said had been hacked.

Der Spiegel and other publications with access to the same emails also accused City of making an irregular payment to the agent of Jadon Sancho when he was a 14-year-old player in the club’s youth system, and of being involved in a “third-party ownership” player investment fund. City have denied any wrongdoing. The Premier League came under pressure, reportedly from other major clubs, to mount its own investigation after the CFCB announced last March that it was investigating the FFP allegations.

Last edited:
Considering we have issued a statement with the clear message that we have done absolutely nothing wrong and have nothing to hide, Our choice of legal representation is more important to stop UEFA trying to tie us up in knots and make us still appear guilty

Written by a City fan, allegedly!

Edit: 2563 Buddhist calendar (2020)

Feb 15, 2563 BE · The Premier League announced last March that it had begun an investigation into City's affairs, releasing a statement which appeared to cover all the areas in which the defending champions had been accused of wrongdoing by the German magazine Der Spiegel, based on “leaks” of internal emails which City said had been hacked.

Der Spiegel and other publications with access to the same emails also accused City of making an irregular payment to the agent of Jadon Sancho when he was a 14-year-old player in the club’s youth system, and of being involved in a “third-party ownership” player investment fund. City have denied any wrongdoing. The Premier League came under pressure, reportedly from other major clubs, to mount its own investigation after the CFCB announced last March that it was investigating the FFP allegations.

we were cleared over the sancho bit last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.